s250 Electrical problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

simz

I have a 2005 S250 that will not start. The key does nothing when turned. When I turn the key the hour meter does not light and the glow plug indicator does not come on, it is toitally dead. I do have power to the headlights, when I turn them on the hour meter displays. A friend tested the battery and I have a good 13 volts. When he tested there was only 2.7 at the control panel by the key. Is that correct, does anyone have any suggestions before I spend a fortune at the dealership. Does it sound like that panel itself? Thanks Mike

Leonard

Sounds like a blown fuse to me. Start by checking your fuse box.
I've check all fuses and relays along with fuse block out to inspect the wires at the back. I also pulled the harness connector to check for corrosion or loose wires. I also checked the connection at the controller. Not knowledgeable with volt meter, so I might need to educate myself. I do know that most of the codes are related to the low voltage on the machine. Thank you for your reply.

Leonard

Thank you. I've pulled and cleaned all grounds that I could find. I'm thinking I've missed something. Really stumped.

tawilson1152

Sounds like you checked it but on mine I had a bad connection at the 100 amp fuse behind the battery that caused intermittent starting problems

Latest posts