S220

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bvill01

05 bobcat and wanted to se what you guys think about useing off road diesel ? Yes / no

Bobcatdan

There is no differnce. Off road has red dye in because in is not subject to road tax. Get caught with off road in your pick up, huge fine. Red dye is solely to mark it. If off road is easy for you to source, then it is a no brainer to run it. Why pay road tax to run something that is not on the road.

Fishfiles

There is no differnce. Off road has red dye in because in is not subject to road tax. Get caught with off road in your pick up, huge fine. Red dye is solely to mark it. If off road is easy for you to source, then it is a no brainer to run it. Why pay road tax to run something that is not on the road.
I can attest to that , I got to see the dye put in , I worked on the machine at a loading dock for tankers and seen the dye being dumped , a gallon into a 5000gallon tanker , and talked with the guy , he showed me all the different colored dye they use and how it all worked , red for highway , and I think it went purple for marine , etc , etc , they had quite a few different colors in the locker , he said that all the fuel nowdays is low sulphur

Latest posts