S205 Cylinder Creep

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Skiddy cat

Hey guys just got my s205 not to long ago noticed that my bucket cylinders and boom cylinders creep of pressure and half to keep clicking my boom peadel down to keep the boom locked down when I'm working what would be the fix for this value rebuild ?

SkidRoe

I added a title for you. How much creep are you talking? How much movement over how much time? Cheers - SR

mmsllc

I added a title for you. How much creep are you talking? How much movement over how much time? Cheers - SR
"CREEP" could be that the cylinders are by-passing internally & therefore the cylinder / functions are moving when they should not be. This is the very most likely scenario. To repair this type of "CREEP", you would need to re-pack the cylinder(s). If that is not the issue at hand, then the spool valve could be by-passing hydraulic fluid internally of the control valve. Lastly, "CREEP" could mean that the aux. hydraulics are stuck on. I just ran into this issue a week ago. A controller was bad holding power to the aux. hydraulics. I would suggest unplugging the top two electric solenoids that are on the control valve. Then, try out the machine. Is it better? Give us a little more feedback so we can better understand how we can help you. thanks.

OP
OP
S

Skiddy cat

"CREEP" could be that the cylinders are by-passing internally & therefore the cylinder / functions are moving when they should not be. This is the very most likely scenario. To repair this type of "CREEP", you would need to re-pack the cylinder(s). If that is not the issue at hand, then the spool valve could be by-passing hydraulic fluid internally of the control valve. Lastly, "CREEP" could mean that the aux. hydraulics are stuck on. I just ran into this issue a week ago. A controller was bad holding power to the aux. hydraulics. I would suggest unplugging the top two electric solenoids that are on the control valve. Then, try out the machine. Is it better? Give us a little more feedback so we can better understand how we can help you. thanks.
Thanks for the title skidroe. The bucket will creep down about 2inc over about 10 minutes wasn't sure if it would be my cylinder seals or not being that all 4 let pressure off thinking more in the spool valve going to be doing the pins bushings and seals soon

SkidRoe

Thanks for the title skidroe. The bucket will creep down about 2inc over about 10 minutes wasn't sure if it would be my cylinder seals or not being that all 4 let pressure off thinking more in the spool valve going to be doing the pins bushings and seals soon
I am thinking it's cylinder internal leakage. If it is internal to the control valve, that is a harder one to fix - the seals that are easily replaceable only cover external leakage around the spools. There should not be a common valve in the flow paths of the boom and bucket cylinders, so even if it is valve related, you have more than one valve to at fault. If you do rebuild the cylinders, don't for get the seat between the rod and the piston. I have had that one leak before. HTH - SR

mmsllc

I am thinking it's cylinder internal leakage. If it is internal to the control valve, that is a harder one to fix - the seals that are easily replaceable only cover external leakage around the spools. There should not be a common valve in the flow paths of the boom and bucket cylinders, so even if it is valve related, you have more than one valve to at fault. If you do rebuild the cylinders, don't for get the seat between the rod and the piston. I have had that one leak before. HTH - SR
If it is creeping while it is just sitting there, it is most likely an internal cylinder leak past the seals. A very easy way to prove it would be to cap the two hydraulic lines that come from / to the tilt cylinder. If it continues to creep while capped off, it is definitely leaking past the seals inside of the cylinder. (By the way, 2" is actually not that much, but also not ideal either.)