S185 Turbo BobTach Cylinder

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DMac

Bobcat S185 Turbo (HighFlow);

History: drill attachment hose ripped coupler off — replaced and worked fine.

Current from open wiring harness was touching gear pump hose and burned through. Replaced hose and gear pump.

Had to clean out High flow gear pump (debris putting hydrostatic load on motor, and wouldn't start)

All fixed. Bobcat runs fine. Can't release attachments with button in cab now.

I just had to open bleed screws to manually pull on Bob tach "wings" to release and swap to a bucket. Now it won't work with button inside cab.

Someone said May have air in cylinder and "it'll work itself out" — it hasn't.

All worked fine before. How can I test or bleed or get anything to tell me what issue is?

brdgbldr

I have never had to bleed air out of any of the hydraulic cylinders I have rebuilt or replaced. Even if there is air in it, it should move some.

I would look into the electrical. Fuses first then wire harness and connections. Make sure you have power at the switch. Sometimes the switch itself fails.

OP
OP
D

DMac

Good to know about air in cylinder.

My digital manual shows no F7 - Liftarm Rel 10A fuse diagram and the digital manual spot reads "unused" but the actual machine has this 10A fuse. Could be an issue. Can't find a diagram showing it.

UPDATE: I attempted to bypass the switch with a wire from hot (middle) to lift up, hot to down, still doesn't move wedges.

Not sure if it's from fuse box, harness or switch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DMac

UPDATE: I removed to two coils/solenoids from the Power BobTach (chrome box) valve stem. I removed the solenoid valve stem and actuator pin assembly out of the control valve body. Cleaned it up and put it back in.

Good news is the Wedges work when I push the button now!! I had them on right, swapped which one went back on stem first and ensured the direction wasn't backwards (wedges went up when hitting down and vice versa).

My FINAL issue of the day is that my Auxiliary Hydraulics are not engaging the attachment. It's like the buttons are reversed here too. When I hit highflow and variable (both buttons) that the only time you see the attachment hoses getting fluid. Without high-flow pressed I get nothing.

Help!!