S185 machine weight

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

westshore

Bobcat specs say an S185 has an operating weight of 5808 lbs. with a 68" bucket. Does that weight include a bucket load of 1850 lbs (ROC) or an empty bucket? Bobcat web site says it includes the machine, bucket, fluids, and operator but not clear if the bucket is loaded. Sorry if an explanation of operating weight was given previously; I could not find it here or on the web.

OldMachinist

Operating weight is as Bobcat says just the machine weight(with pnuematic tires), all fluids filled to capacity, standard bucket and operator. No load in the bucket.

OP
OP
W

westshore

I think he got it from here http://www.bobcat.com/historical_specs/skid_steer/s185_2003 It shows the operating weight as 5808.
Thanks for the info guys; the machine is actually a 773 Turbo from just before the name change. But I call it a 185 since it tells the load capacity. I wanted to know the weight for spec'iing a trailer to carry it.

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for the info guys; the machine is actually a 773 Turbo from just before the name change. But I call it a 185 since it tells the load capacity. I wanted to know the weight for spec'iing a trailer to carry it.
Get at least a 10k trailer if not a 14k
The weight adds up fast if you add extra attachments, tracks etc. Mud on the deck, chains and binders etc all add up.
I know that sounds nit picky but think about all the things that can add weight to your load and those DOT guys are not big on cutting us any slack.
I just picked up a new 20 ft 14k Load Trail as my 10K is on the light side.
CH14.jpg

Skidsteer.ca

StaceyBieber

Get at least a 10k trailer if not a 14k
The weight adds up fast if you add extra attachments, tracks etc. Mud on the deck, chains and binders etc all add up.
I know that sounds nit picky but think about all the things that can add weight to your load and those DOT guys are not big on cutting us any slack.
I just picked up a new 20 ft 14k Load Trail as my 10K is on the light side.

Skidsteer.ca
if i was you, i would get the cat, but i would think a demo would answer this question. its true you never see a farmer who has one. how are you going to manage the pattern change between all your operators and all your machines? im surprised you want a radial lift on a dairy farm. why is that? al your other ones are vertical lift.