S175 vs. S185

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CottageMaker

Hi: I am looking to purchase either an S175 or an S185. The difference in cost between the two quoted prices is $1,100.00. My question is: is the Turbo and 10 additional Hp worth the $1,100.00? yes or no Another way of looking at it is the S185 w/air conditioning is $1,900.00 more than the S175. I would be using the machine for lanscaping and light construction work, what impressions does everyone have on a recommendation to lean towards one option or the others? Thanks for any input.

sar4937

I have an S185 but I really did not test out an S175. I would highly recommend air conditioning because you can put in much much more seat time without fatigue and dust. I probably get an extra 4 hours in on a very hot day. I figured the turbo would compensate for the drag of the a/c. If you use it quite a bit it does not take long for the payback on the a/c. Also I did not get the high-flow hydraulics, but some attachments that you may have or want to rent for a job may require it. I purchased the gold package with the selectable joysticks because some days my wrists work a little better than my ankles. Also not to run the bill way up but the standard tires are inferior to the severe duty tires that are offered.

siduramaxde

I have an S185 but I really did not test out an S175. I would highly recommend air conditioning because you can put in much much more seat time without fatigue and dust. I probably get an extra 4 hours in on a very hot day. I figured the turbo would compensate for the drag of the a/c. If you use it quite a bit it does not take long for the payback on the a/c. Also I did not get the high-flow hydraulics, but some attachments that you may have or want to rent for a job may require it. I purchased the gold package with the selectable joysticks because some days my wrists work a little better than my ankles. Also not to run the bill way up but the standard tires are inferior to the severe duty tires that are offered.
By all means get the A/C!!!!!!!!

A.G.

I recently bought a S 185 with A/C and a heater. Moving up from a 763H, it is awesome. It takes a little while longer to get out, and you can't really get out with the loader arms halfway up. (The door won't swing open, its actually a good feature to help prevent the operator from doing something dangerous.) I would buy the S-185 with air, its great. No dirt on you, or in your nose, eyes, stinging insects, dry itchy grass, or cats pissing in your seat while you are away. Also if you do any demo at all, you aren't covered in mold, old mouse turds, or fiberglass. Wearing a full face resperator on a 100 degree day, is no picnic. Riding around with a cabin, and air truely is. A.G.

Latest posts