S175 Belly Pan Replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Donnie05

Looking for info or "How To" on belly pan replacement on a S175. What all is involved in this process? Any help is appreciated or pointed into the right direction. Thanks!!!

Bobcatdan

If you snapped an axle shaft, have a good weld shop fix it. To change the chaincase, the upper body has to come off. Then you pull the engine and pump out. All the guts have to come out of the chaincase. It's a shit ton work.

OP
OP
D

Donnie05

If you snapped an axle shaft, have a good weld shop fix it. To change the chaincase, the upper body has to come off. Then you pull the engine and pump out. All the guts have to come out of the chaincase. It's a shit ton work.
The axle shaft is fine. It's the axle tube that broke around. The guy had already got it welded once and wants to see about replacing the chain case. I just can't seem to find anything about doing it. I have a general idea but don't want to get into something that I can't do. I also can't really find any step by step manuals for it either. Thanks again!!!

Bobcatdan

The axle shaft is fine. It's the axle tube that broke around. The guy had already got it welded once and wants to see about replacing the chain case. I just can't seem to find anything about doing it. I have a general idea but don't want to get into something that I can't do. I also can't really find any step by step manuals for it either. Thanks again!!!
I said shaft, but ment the tube. Under the right situation, they can crack. There are gussets that can be added to strengthen the tubes. Did the weld break again? If the guy has to money to buy a chaincase and the money to pay somebody to change it, buy a different skidsteer. Changing the chaincase can be done, I've seen me do it. You need a good overhead hoist system to lift the upper body off. If you don't, pass on the job.

7LBSSMALLIE

I said shaft, but ment the tube. Under the right situation, they can crack. There are gussets that can be added to strengthen the tubes. Did the weld break again? If the guy has to money to buy a chaincase and the money to pay somebody to change it, buy a different skidsteer. Changing the chaincase can be done, I've seen me do it. You need a good overhead hoist system to lift the upper body off. If you don't, pass on the job.
agree with bcd. the cost of ablank chain case is phrobiteviley exespesine. yank the pacakage. separate the frame , clean it all up bring to a compent welder dude. yes labour intensive. results soilid undercararige.. a founditaion to build on one must assume that pwr plant and stat b good motors usually just need a reseal. just guessing ? thous hr service was neglected filled up with water ate the ax tubes up. not that big of a deal. welder dude IE axle surgeon. can fix it once and fix it right.. they cut and weld new race holders than you reassemble

Latest posts