S130 Questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GILL

Hello, I'm looking at a used S130 with 3500 hrs on it. Seems to be in pretty good shape, has a cab and heat and hydraulic Bobtach on it but, it has some Earthforce no-flat tires that have about 10-20% tread left on them if I'm any judge. Does anyone know if these things will work very well in moving snow? Are there any problems with this model of machine that I should be aware of? Thanks, Greg

Tazza

Staff member
Can't tell you how they will work in the snow, never moved snow before.
I haven't heard of anything bad, as long as it has foot controls, it should be pretty good. I avoid machines with hand controls, any issues can cost big money to repair, the simple manual linkages are far easier to work on and parts are cheaper.

reaperman

The only thing I can think of regarding the tires is they will most likely ride pretty rough. In snow, nothing beats a set of chains. Will a set of chains fit over this type of tire? I dont know. But chains are a worthwhile investment and can be found at fleet supply stores. I found a set that fit my 10x16.5's for around $70. Again, chains are a must have for snow removal.

farmshop

The only thing I can think of regarding the tires is they will most likely ride pretty rough. In snow, nothing beats a set of chains. Will a set of chains fit over this type of tire? I dont know. But chains are a worthwhile investment and can be found at fleet supply stores. I found a set that fit my 10x16.5's for around $70. Again, chains are a must have for snow removal.
We ran a set of no flat tires. Didn't work well in the winter they were to hard of rubber and slid around. If the loader is good I'd buy a set of conventional tires

OP
OP
G

GILL

We ran a set of no flat tires. Didn't work well in the winter they were to hard of rubber and slid around. If the loader is good I'd buy a set of conventional tires
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up passing on the machine. I don't think I would like the tires in the snow.