S130 1000 hour service

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

timscott22

I am the proud new owner of an S130, 2007 model with 3000 hard hours on the clock. I have almost completed the service and maintenance work needed to make me feel happy that the machine is now mine and looks as if it is loved. What I have learned along the way.
1. flogged out pins and worn tilt cylinder. I have cut what was left of the protruding collar flush from either side of the bobtach with a 5" cutting disc. I am having a collar and bush made to hold a new bobcat bush and the collar solution will be welded in place. This seemed like a good compromise - much cheaper than cutting out and welding in new 'weld in' bushes. Time will tell if I have been correct. The tilt cylinder end has been rebored and sleeved for a new bobcat sleeve and an inexpensive tractor hitch pin the correct diameter has been organised to replace the worn tilt cylinder pin.
2. leaking exhaust manifold gasket - blown out on each outer upper corner. I used a long handled 12 ring spanner and a small engineer's hammer. Nuts where very tight but all succumbed with one exception. This necessitated the use of a metinch ring spanner and I had to remove the muffler, air cleaner and hydraulic tank to give me enough room to 'easily' complete the job. My local engineering shop sold me replacement nuts but they were 13mm rather than 12. As it transpired, this was not problem. This is a difficult, time consuming job with the motor in place.
3. The Chaincase oil change - I bought a $30 submersible pump from ebay, popped the front cover off the chaincase, jacked up the back of the bobcat and pumped out 27.4 of the 28.4 litres of oil in about 10 minutes. I used a sikalfex polyurethane sealant to reseal the cover - wear gloves! I didn't and my hands are still looking ordinary a week later.
4. Filters etc - I don't think the charge filter had ever been changed - the fan now purrs and doesn't load the engine when it first starts to operate. The two case drain filters were not as difficult as I had imagined. I had already drained the hydrostatic fluid from the tank. The one behind the right hand motor is awkward - but not as bad as the manifold!
Thanks for the forum - it has been a great help. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if there is something I had said that doesn't make sense. Regards Tim ps sorry this is all one paragraph - seems the forum engine does not like macs

Tazza

Staff member
You sure have gone through it, hopefully your solution to the bobtach wear will do the job. Worst case, you can replace the bosses at a later date.

waggles

Ive just replaced the bosses and bushes on my S130 . 1900 hrs and the bushes were spinning in the bosses wearing the boss . This is a common problem so a Bobcat tech told me . It starts because of a side load on the hardened bush from worn side seal plates . I have machined new thrust plates that have two sealing lips and take the side thrust off the hardened bush .