Rubber track use with 1 1/2- marbles

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

la350

I work in AK as a commercial fisherman and we have a fairly steep "marble" pile to conquer. The rocks have been described as 1.5 minus and they are round like a marble. The slope is about 20 degrees. I'd use the track loader (looking at a T300) to move totes of salmon up/down the marble pile ( each tote is about 1300lbs). Would the marbles be any issue with the under carriage of the rig? I wondering about damage to sprockets, etc due to the round rocks getting into the drive components. Also, can a track rig tow? I'd also like to be able to use it with either a ball on the forklift tine or an add on hitch on the rear to run my boat trailer up/down the beach to launch the skiff. Total weight of skiff/trailer is about 3500lbs with about 15% of that weight on the trailer tongue. Thanks Lance Alldrin & Sons Alaska Salmon www.alldrinsalmon.com

Fishfiles

Have never got to mess with round marbles , but have seen no problems dealing with different sized crushed concrete foundation material , limestone in all sizes and milled asphault and don't forsee any on marbles ------- it will tow what ever you want -------------- I used to fish commercially -----what gear do you use to fish salmon , maybe a purse seine or gillnet

OP
OP
L

la350

Have never got to mess with round marbles , but have seen no problems dealing with different sized crushed concrete foundation material , limestone in all sizes and milled asphault and don't forsee any on marbles ------- it will tow what ever you want -------------- I used to fish commercially -----what gear do you use to fish salmon , maybe a purse seine or gillnet
I set net out of Kenai Alaska. We use 3 gill nets that are anchored on one end up on the beach and the other end out in the water. Primary catch is sockeye. Take a look at the weblink posted in my orginal post and there some videos showing the operation. Thanks for the info on the track loader. I'm thinking that its going to work for me! Lanc