Rounder L600 rebuild project

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dozer

Ok here is the story. I purchased this little Rounder L600 about 6 months ago. I own an Bobcat 873 and with a grapple bucket I can move plenty of material. The problem I had was the jobs where the client had a small or difficult to access area. Also I could not run an 873 down a sidewalk for snow removal.
So shortly after I purchased the rounder it went to work. For the purchase price of $2000 I thought why not. Well she ran like a champ just long enough for me to appreciate what it could do. Then the rear tire started wobbling. Then she started flooding out. THen it just stopped running altogether.
So the dissassembly began. I know that I probably had bearings out in the axle tubes and that the engine was shot. So first I dissassembled the loader.
Front Disassembled
Getting the axle tubes proved to me quite a task. No bolt on this machine was welded on the backside. Not the cover for the chaincase. Not the axles tubes. Not even the wheel bolts. So after a lot of time with a wedge and a socket I got the chaincase cover off and the axle tubes out.

Chaincase disassembled left side disassembled
After that the only thing to do was remove the engine. Same thing. No bolt was welded on the backside but after some more time wrestling with it the engine came out. I purchased the correct bearings, cups, and seals and the axle tube are currently at our local machine shop getting pressed in for me. I will be getting the skidsteer cleaned up with my pressure washer and clean out the engine bay. As far as I can tell there is an empty area beneath the engine compartment that is simply full of junk. Once I get that cleaned out I will be adding a 100 lbs of counterweight and filling to rest with foam with a cover so it doesn't fill with oil and dirt again.
I will keep you updated on the progress

rear without engine Right side disassembled

Joe23

Ok here is the story. I purchased this little Rounder L600 about 6 months ago. I own an Bobcat 873 and with a grapple bucket I can move plenty of material. The problem I had was the jobs where the client had a small or difficult to access area. Also I could not run an 873 down a sidewalk for snow removal.
So shortly after I purchased the rounder it went to work. For the purchase price of $2000 I thought why not. Well she ran like a champ just long enough for me to appreciate what it could do. Then the rear tire started wobbling. Then she started flooding out. THen it just stopped running altogether.
So the dissassembly began. I know that I probably had bearings out in the axle tubes and that the engine was shot. So first I dissassembled the loader.
Front Disassembled
Getting the axle tubes proved to me quite a task. No bolt on this machine was welded on the backside. Not the cover for the chaincase. Not the axles tubes. Not even the wheel bolts. So after a lot of time with a wedge and a socket I got the chaincase cover off and the axle tubes out.

Chaincase disassembled left side disassembled
After that the only thing to do was remove the engine. Same thing. No bolt was welded on the backside but after some more time wrestling with it the engine came out. I purchased the correct bearings, cups, and seals and the axle tube are currently at our local machine shop getting pressed in for me. I will be getting the skidsteer cleaned up with my pressure washer and clean out the engine bay. As far as I can tell there is an empty area beneath the engine compartment that is simply full of junk. Once I get that cleaned out I will be adding a 100 lbs of counterweight and filling to rest with foam with a cover so it doesn't fill with oil and dirt again.
I will keep you updated on the progress

rear without engine Right side disassembled
Who carries the bearings and seals?

cdmccul

Who carries the bearings and seals?
You know this is a 13 year old thread?

Welcome aboard!

As for your question, NAPA sells all sorts of bearings and seals if you know the number of them. They have a robust interchange system as well.

But most any auto parts store should be able to get you bearings if you have the old one.