rock grapple

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a 732 and while using a new rock grapple yesterday with the bobcat arms in the air and the grapple towards the machine it became stuck in this position. The first time the grapple had to be pulled out with my jeep winch and the 2nd time I was able to put the tines in the ground and drive backwards. Any ideas why this would do what it did? Thanks

flyerdan

Just offhand it sounds like a geometry problem. See if something is overextending which would cause a mechanical lock. If there are any adjustments you might be able to dial it back so that the pivots don't overcenter.

spitzair

Exactly what flyerdan says, especially if your tilt cylinder mount has broken in the past and been repaired by someone who didn't take the time to make sure the cylinder mount wasn't put back exactly where it needs to be. This area is a weak spot on these machines... My dad broke his one day and he welded it back together and didn't quite get the geometry right and now his does the same thing. Bobcat did have a service bulletin out to deal with this and the fix is a set of mechanical stops you weld to the lift arms that prevent your bobtach from going past a certain position. Now if only I could remember where I saw this service bulletin...