Road engineering with skid steer loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ananas

Hello, I'm a student of technical university, studying road engineering. Now i'm on my first object, having a practice. And one thought appeared in my head. If i want myself to repair or construct roads - it's really difficult becase cold planners, graders, compactors etc are VERY expensive and i thought to myself why small companies don't use skid steer loaders? And in my country nobody doing this. But for example to start with will it be useful to buy skidsteer and attachments for it (grader, cold planer, vibrotory compactor and asphalt paver). Or is it just imagination and it's no use in real life? P.S. Really sorry for my bad english, haven't used it for 5 years. Thank you for answers.

Tazza

Staff member
All these attachments are available for skid steers, but they don't have the weight that the propper units have. The big machines can do the work so much faster, they do cost more but the fact you can get the job done quicker means you can do more work for less. If you were doing driveways, sure, a skid steer is fine as you aren't stuck for time and the jobs are generally small.
Just my thoughts.

Latest posts