right hand control 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Finally got my aux hyd fixed, can someone tell me what the pull lever and left and right switch does?.

Thanks

skidsteer.ca

Sorry, talking about the right hand control.
Perry
1 green light on inside the cab , you use with the thumb switch on the rh steering lever to control cylinders etc, attachments requiring intermittant flow.
2 green lights on inside the cab, is used with the finger trigger on the front of the rh steering lever for attachments that require continuos flow, ie hyd motor, backhoe, so forth.
ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
1 green light on inside the cab , you use with the thumb switch on the rh steering lever to control cylinders etc, attachments requiring intermittant flow.
2 green lights on inside the cab, is used with the finger trigger on the front of the rh steering lever for attachments that require continuos flow, ie hyd motor, backhoe, so forth.
ken
Thank you Ken...............

skidsteer.ca

Thank you Ken...............
Perry
was it a wire problem with yours too or something else?
I replaced the wires going up my rh steering lever and fixed one prob, 2 weeks later had to replace the plug where rh steering lever connects to machine harness, has been good ever since.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
was it a wire problem with yours too or something else?
I replaced the wires going up my rh steering lever and fixed one prob, 2 weeks later had to replace the plug where rh steering lever connects to machine harness, has been good ever since.
Ken
Believe it or not Ken, A BC mechanic told me to make sure I had a BC ignition switch, if not buy one. I didn't so I bought one....It works now, something about the switch having diodes that work with the computer???

skidsteer.ca

Believe it or not Ken, A BC mechanic told me to make sure I had a BC ignition switch, if not buy one. I didn't so I bought one....It works now, something about the switch having diodes that work with the computer???
Perry
Ok thats a good one to remember.
Many of these machines get fixed with the part thats easiest to get our hands on and then it causes a new problem.
Those fussy computers/ electronics are especially suseptable.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
Ok thats a good one to remember.
Many of these machines get fixed with the part thats easiest to get our hands on and then it causes a new problem.
Those fussy computers/ electronics are especially suseptable.
Ken
Well, I thought the aux hyd were fixed......when I crank up the BC the lights are off, when I push the button the top green light comes on, when I push it again both top and bottom lights are on.
Now, when I flip the lever left or right on the right handle the lights start blinking?, and the same thing happens when I pull the trigger?. I turned off the BC then cranked it up again, went thru the same process and the lights start blinking???. When I crank up the BC the trencher starts turning and I cannot turn it off. I guess it's better than running in reverse?.
Ken, got any ideas or anyone else???
Thanks in advance

Perry

skidsteer.ca

Well, I thought the aux hyd were fixed......when I crank up the BC the lights are off, when I push the button the top green light comes on, when I push it again both top and bottom lights are on.
Now, when I flip the lever left or right on the right handle the lights start blinking?, and the same thing happens when I pull the trigger?. I turned off the BC then cranked it up again, went thru the same process and the lights start blinking???. When I crank up the BC the trencher starts turning and I cannot turn it off. I guess it's better than running in reverse?.
Ken, got any ideas or anyone else???
Thanks in advance

Perry
Perry
Does the trencher run even if you don't press the button with the green lights?
Then I'd say one of the solinoids on the hydraulic control valve must have a spool thats stuck on.
If it only runs after you push the button with the green lights, one of the steering lever switches may be stuck on.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
Does the trencher run even if you don't press the button with the green lights?
Then I'd say one of the solinoids on the hydraulic control valve must have a spool thats stuck on.
If it only runs after you push the button with the green lights, one of the steering lever switches may be stuck on.
Ken
Ken, Yes, the trencher runs when I start the engine, the push button next to the green lights have no effect?.
Yesterday I pulled the aux. hyd. spools, cleaned, inspected and blew them out with the compressor. Now when I crank the engine the trencher does NOT run??.
I guess I'll buy two new spools monday, I previously bought and installed two new coils.
Unless you know of anything I missed I'll order the spools.
Thanks Ken..........

skidsteer.ca

Ken, Yes, the trencher runs when I start the engine, the push button next to the green lights have no effect?.
Yesterday I pulled the aux. hyd. spools, cleaned, inspected and blew them out with the compressor. Now when I crank the engine the trencher does NOT run??.
I guess I'll buy two new spools monday, I previously bought and installed two new coils.
Unless you know of anything I missed I'll order the spools.
Thanks Ken..........
Perry
Spools for my 773 g are $100 each.
If the trencher has now stopped running you no longer have a "stuck on spool" However the spool sticking would no effect on the green lites flashing a code imho.
Do your lites still flash? Can you start and stop the trencher with the continuos flow or intermittant flow switch on the rh steering lever? The trencher should only run if there is power going to one of the coils on the hyd valve. If you unplug the coil wires and the trencher keeps running then the spool is damaged or has crud in it.
My 773 has a computer problem that allows a voltage to go to the one coil when the switches are off. If the flow continues when it should'nt (if the lights are blinking the flow should stop) maybe unplug your coils or pull them off the spools to see if they are getting power when they should not be
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
Spools for my 773 g are $100 each.
If the trencher has now stopped running you no longer have a "stuck on spool" However the spool sticking would no effect on the green lites flashing a code imho.
Do your lites still flash? Can you start and stop the trencher with the continuos flow or intermittant flow switch on the rh steering lever? The trencher should only run if there is power going to one of the coils on the hyd valve. If you unplug the coil wires and the trencher keeps running then the spool is damaged or has crud in it.
My 773 has a computer problem that allows a voltage to go to the one coil when the switches are off. If the flow continues when it should'nt (if the lights are blinking the flow should stop) maybe unplug your coils or pull them off the spools to see if they are getting power when they should not be
Ken
Ken, on top of all that my starter has failed, I ordered a new on which should be here next week. I'll go through the process again when the starter arrrives and let you know.
thanks,
Perry

OP
OP
P

perry

Ken, on top of all that my starter has failed, I ordered a new on which should be here next week. I'll go through the process again when the starter arrrives and let you know.
thanks,
Perry
Ken, I replaced the aux. hyd. spools and it already had new coils. It does the same thing?.
when I try to operate the right hand aux. controls the greed lights start blinking?. At this point I have no idea what the problem is. Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks........Perry

Tazza

Staff member
Ken, I replaced the aux. hyd. spools and it already had new coils. It does the same thing?.
when I try to operate the right hand aux. controls the greed lights start blinking?. At this point I have no idea what the problem is. Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks........Perry
I would start with hooking a test light to the connections at the coils. Make sure power is getting there. Is it possible there is a short in the wire between the coils and the BICS box?

skidsteer.ca

I would start with hooking a test light to the connections at the coils. Make sure power is getting there. Is it possible there is a short in the wire between the coils and the BICS box?
Perry
your hyd flow to couplers is not still stuck on though, the spools should correct that.
The flashing lights is a electronic problem, or a bad conection, it can also be a faulty control box, mine is located under the cab above the hyd tank and was expensive like 550.00
however thee are 3 styles you machine could have. some are less.
I was lucky another local 853 had my controler and I borrowed it to rule it out.
does it do the same thing regardless of weather you use the thumb switch, ( intermittant flow) or the finger trigger on the front of steering lever. (continuos flow)?
your flow never even tries to start?
mine worked for 20 mins 1st try then less and less as it warmed up, was a thin (few stands broken) wire and a poor harness conector. I noticed the problem when i pushed the RH steering lever full forward is always screwed up and the lights blinked then.
If you never work, could be broke wire, faulty switch, or dreaded controler.
do the lights blink a code that matches anything on the info I sent you?
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
your hyd flow to couplers is not still stuck on though, the spools should correct that.
The flashing lights is a electronic problem, or a bad conection, it can also be a faulty control box, mine is located under the cab above the hyd tank and was expensive like 550.00
however thee are 3 styles you machine could have. some are less.
I was lucky another local 853 had my controler and I borrowed it to rule it out.
does it do the same thing regardless of weather you use the thumb switch, ( intermittant flow) or the finger trigger on the front of steering lever. (continuos flow)?
your flow never even tries to start?
mine worked for 20 mins 1st try then less and less as it warmed up, was a thin (few stands broken) wire and a poor harness conector. I noticed the problem when i pushed the RH steering lever full forward is always screwed up and the lights blinked then.
If you never work, could be broke wire, faulty switch, or dreaded controler.
do the lights blink a code that matches anything on the info I sent you?
Ken
I let it warm up before trying any functions, It's strange that before I pulled the old spools to check them, the trencher would start working when I started the engine and I could not turn them off?. I pulled the old spools checked, cleaned and used the air compressor to blow them out, reinstalled and the trencher would not work at all??. You may be correct about the control box, I hope not. I taking the 853 up to BC this morning and have them check it out and let me know the problem, there is one guy up there that knows 853's like the back of his hand.
When I push the button on the control panel and turn on the lights, they stay on until I squeeze the trigger or flip the lever then they start blinking about every second.?
I'll let you know.

Thanks

OP
OP
P

perry

I let it warm up before trying any functions, It's strange that before I pulled the old spools to check them, the trencher would start working when I started the engine and I could not turn them off?. I pulled the old spools checked, cleaned and used the air compressor to blow them out, reinstalled and the trencher would not work at all??. You may be correct about the control box, I hope not. I taking the 853 up to BC this morning and have them check it out and let me know the problem, there is one guy up there that knows 853's like the back of his hand.
When I push the button on the control panel and turn on the lights, they stay on until I squeeze the trigger or flip the lever then they start blinking about every second.?
I'll let you know.

Thanks
The BC dealer couldn't find the problem and wanted me to leave it there, they said it could be the control box or in the wiring somewhere?. They wanted $1300 for the control box. I've spent enought on the aux. hyd. system, I'm selling the trencher and be done with it. I won't have to go to the plumbing supply for PVC ever again.................

skidsteer.ca

The BC dealer couldn't find the problem and wanted me to leave it there, they said it could be the control box or in the wiring somewhere?. They wanted $1300 for the control box. I've spent enought on the aux. hyd. system, I'm selling the trencher and be done with it. I won't have to go to the plumbing supply for PVC ever again.................
Ouch!!!
And I thought the price I was quoted was plenty.
Before I did something that drastic, I'd just wire the coils to some switches. In the end they just recieve dc power. (It is completely beyond me why Bobcat has to connect all those wires to that overpriced aluminum box just to acomplish powering 2 coils (one at a time) each with only a hot and a ground wire, off soapbox now) voltage may be lower, I'd have to test mine when it comes back in again. Seriously, everthing that control box does could be acomplished with a toggle switch, 2 momentary on switches and perhaps some resistors to lower the voltage.
Heck you could re plumb you flow to an electric valve from surpluscenter for 300 to 400 bucks. Their nuts
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Ouch!!!
And I thought the price I was quoted was plenty.
Before I did something that drastic, I'd just wire the coils to some switches. In the end they just recieve dc power. (It is completely beyond me why Bobcat has to connect all those wires to that overpriced aluminum box just to acomplish powering 2 coils (one at a time) each with only a hot and a ground wire, off soapbox now) voltage may be lower, I'd have to test mine when it comes back in again. Seriously, everthing that control box does could be acomplished with a toggle switch, 2 momentary on switches and perhaps some resistors to lower the voltage.
Heck you could re plumb you flow to an electric valve from surpluscenter for 300 to 400 bucks. Their nuts
Ken
Ken, to be more specific, the BC mechanic disconnected the control box and hooked up a test box, he said the wiring was fine from the control box connector to the handle. He said it could be the control box or something in the control valve?.