Retrieving codes for a 763G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rdndndo

I apparently posted under the wrong topic. I got conned into taking a look at a 763 Loader for a struggling school system. I'm not a Bobcat mechanic. I work on Gradall, JLG and New Holland gear. Mostly aerial stuff but also reach forks and and the odd tractor but only under duress. So I am looking for a way to retrieve the trouble codes from the read out. I presume the digital hour meter is the place to look but I have no idea how to make it talk. Skidsteers apparently don't respond to waterboarding. The basic problem is that it stops running suddenly. The glow plug light flashes. The operator said that it used to beep three times on start up but it doesn't beep anymore. I have a manual coming but it's a few days out. Any suggestions that are helpful would be greatly appreciated. I get enough of the other kind from the guys I work with. Thanks, RT

reaperman

Press and hold the top left button that says lights for a few seconds and the codes will appear. I don't believe the machine needs to be running, just power up with the key. It sounds like the fuel shutoff solenoid may not be holding after startup and cutting the fuel. Open the rear door and the solenoid is directly above the oil filter

7LBSSMALLIE

Press and hold the top left button that says lights for a few seconds and the codes will appear. I don't believe the machine needs to be running, just power up with the key. It sounds like the fuel shutoff solenoid may not be holding after startup and cutting the fuel. Open the rear door and the solenoid is directly above the oil filter
it takes about 5 minutes to hook up and get a print out I feel you I get saddled with off brands as well, my advice have owner trailer it to local bobcat dealer, have donuts in hand (get there early like 7 am early) and say please can you down load and print my codes , it will get done. still gonna be a little animosity. but breakfast will smooth things over.