Reply to post some hydraulic issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Terexnorthfl

Sorry my tablet is stupid it wouldn't let me post without making new. Now, does the loader arms go up faster like the bucket and grapple or do they seem to be working at the correct pace?

roblarss

The loader goes up at a normal pace. Its only the bucket tilt down (dump) that is really slow if there isnt a heavy load in it. It seems like the hydraulic fluid isnt getting into the cylinder fast enough.

OP
OP
Terexnorthfl

Terexnorthfl

The loader goes up at a normal pace. Its only the bucket tilt down (dump) that is really slow if there isnt a heavy load in it. It seems like the hydraulic fluid isnt getting into the cylinder fast enough.
That sounds like the float is engaged. It would do that if the float function is engaged instead of just the normal down. Also, When ever you dump the bucket and you put it against the ground does it hold that angle or does it kinda fold back on itself like it has no oil in the cylinder?

OP
OP
Terexnorthfl

Terexnorthfl

That sounds like the float is engaged. It would do that if the float function is engaged instead of just the normal down. Also, When ever you dump the bucket and you put it against the ground does it hold that angle or does it kinda fold back on itself like it has no oil in the cylinder?
scratch that. What could be the problem after I looked at the parts diagram, It may be that the linkage between the lever and the spool valve will need adjusting. Check that, and see if you are getting the same amount of stoke both curl and dump. If you find that every thing is tight and your getting the same amount of stroke then the problem could lie in your cylinders or the valve its self.

roblarss

scratch that. What could be the problem after I looked at the parts diagram, It may be that the linkage between the lever and the spool valve will need adjusting. Check that, and see if you are getting the same amount of stoke both curl and dump. If you find that every thing is tight and your getting the same amount of stroke then the problem could lie in your cylinders or the valve its self.
It does act like its on float. If its dumped under load then the bucket will fold back. It will actually sway around a bit until I get the controls caught up. I am sort of thinking that it may be in the spool. This is not the original control spool for the loader. It was changed out with a different one in the past. This one fits almost the same except there are no linkages externally. The 4way joystick goes into the spool. When I go out to the machine later this week Im going to swap some of the hydraulics lines around and see if the problem goes to the loader. Possibly this spool is not opening that port all the way. Thanks

roblarss

It does act like its on float. If its dumped under load then the bucket will fold back. It will actually sway around a bit until I get the controls caught up. I am sort of thinking that it may be in the spool. This is not the original control spool for the loader. It was changed out with a different one in the past. This one fits almost the same except there are no linkages externally. The 4way joystick goes into the spool. When I go out to the machine later this week Im going to swap some of the hydraulics lines around and see if the problem goes to the loader. Possibly this spool is not opening that port all the way. Thanks
The joystick does move in its full range of motion

roblarss

The joystick does move in its full range of motion
Well finally got some good weather and checked out the loader. I swapped the hydraulic lines for the lift and tilt and the tilt goes fast now so I guess its in the control spool. Ill pull that apart in a few days hopefully. I have the machine indoors now and have been ripping it apart for some much needed maintenance. Found where the unknown hydraulic line goes. It goes to the filter up front by the cooler on the other side of the filter is a tee with a larger line that I cant follow yet (to much gunge still). The other line goes to a device labelled hydraforce. Looking at loader part source pictures it is possibly the charge relief loop. There are a couple of wires on the valve but they are cut off. I am lost on what is going on with the hose. Its currently capped off on the floor by the control spool I am thinking this line is a return. My current return from the control spool goes through the filter to the right of the seat. I am wondering both of these lines should be connected.

roblarss

Well finally got some good weather and checked out the loader. I swapped the hydraulic lines for the lift and tilt and the tilt goes fast now so I guess its in the control spool. Ill pull that apart in a few days hopefully. I have the machine indoors now and have been ripping it apart for some much needed maintenance. Found where the unknown hydraulic line goes. It goes to the filter up front by the cooler on the other side of the filter is a tee with a larger line that I cant follow yet (to much gunge still). The other line goes to a device labelled hydraforce. Looking at loader part source pictures it is possibly the charge relief loop. There are a couple of wires on the valve but they are cut off. I am lost on what is going on with the hose. Its currently capped off on the floor by the control spool I am thinking this line is a return. My current return from the control spool goes through the filter to the right of the seat. I am wondering both of these lines should be connected.
Looks like I may have figured it out. I was reading the parts manual wrong. It has nothing to do with the charge loop...Thats in a different location. Looks like the manifold is a hydroforce 3 port with a 12v electronic valve. Looks like one line goes to the parking brake. Another one goes to the housing of the cartridge filter nearby. The other line goes up by the seat.
So this is definitely the parking brake control. Im assuming the source line is to be teed off the supply to the lift/tilt/grapple control spool.
Can anyone check their unit or maybe have a better diagram check this for me?
Ill pull the side console apart and look for the rest of the wire that are cut/broken off. Wish the previous owner had not completely jumbled up the hydraulic/electrical system.

roblarss

Looks like I may have figured it out. I was reading the parts manual wrong. It has nothing to do with the charge loop...Thats in a different location. Looks like the manifold is a hydroforce 3 port with a 12v electronic valve. Looks like one line goes to the parking brake. Another one goes to the housing of the cartridge filter nearby. The other line goes up by the seat.
So this is definitely the parking brake control. Im assuming the source line is to be teed off the supply to the lift/tilt/grapple control spool.
Can anyone check their unit or maybe have a better diagram check this for me?
Ill pull the side console apart and look for the rest of the wire that are cut/broken off. Wish the previous owner had not completely jumbled up the hydraulic/electrical system.
I finally figured out the slow dump hydraulics...kind of irritated it took me so long. pulled the spool and pulled apart and all was perfect. Upon reassembly i looked at the joystick and one piece looked to be backwards. One tab was bolted to the wrong plunger...this will not allow full stroke to that plunger in the downward direction. The other plunger has a relief for this tab to be in. So I guess its been this way since the previous owner installed this aftermarket spool...i looked at this numerous times and never saw this small part....makes me wonder what else I will be seeing. Glad I got this machine dirt cheap with alot of extras.

Tazza

Staff member
I finally figured out the slow dump hydraulics...kind of irritated it took me so long. pulled the spool and pulled apart and all was perfect. Upon reassembly i looked at the joystick and one piece looked to be backwards. One tab was bolted to the wrong plunger...this will not allow full stroke to that plunger in the downward direction. The other plunger has a relief for this tab to be in. So I guess its been this way since the previous owner installed this aftermarket spool...i looked at this numerous times and never saw this small part....makes me wonder what else I will be seeing. Glad I got this machine dirt cheap with alot of extras.
So very simple... Great job noticing it!