Replacing Hydraulic Fluid in Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ptrotter

I just purchased a 2005 Bobcat T190 and since I don't know what hydraulic fluid is currently in it or how what condition it is in, I would like to drain and replace it. The manual says to pump it out of the reservoir tank, however the specs say the the system holds 8.5 gallons and the reservoir holds 4.8 gallons so by doing this I would only remove around a third of the fluid. Is there some easy way to get more of the fluid out so that I replace more of it? I expect that the more new fluid I mix with the old, the better off I am. I assume I could pump it out the auxilliary connection, but I worry about pumping out too much and damaging something. Any ideas? Thanks, Paul

Tazza

Staff member
I use the aux way just shut it down as soon as it sputters
That was is not approved by everyone, it is how i do it though without issue. The arguement is that all the oil is purged, but there is always some left over, it never runs dry.
The way i do it is to run the engine at idle.
If you have contaminated oil, do the same. repalce the oil, drain or replace the main oil filter. Run the machine for a little while, drive it around, lift tile to get the oil moving around, then drain as many times as you need to get the oil clean again.

Bobcatdan

That was is not approved by everyone, it is how i do it though without issue. The arguement is that all the oil is purged, but there is always some left over, it never runs dry.
The way i do it is to run the engine at idle.
If you have contaminated oil, do the same. repalce the oil, drain or replace the main oil filter. Run the machine for a little while, drive it around, lift tile to get the oil moving around, then drain as many times as you need to get the oil clean again.
There is a drain hose on the tank.