Rented a bobcat T66. Practically brand new. Now it start runs for a minute or two then dies

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

joeyt1995

We've been getting quite a bit of rain out in California. I rented a bobcat t66 to move some downed trees off the hillside. Was out working in fairly steep muddy terrain and got it stuck pretty bad, started sinking in the rear and it was partially submerged in the rear. Was able to get it out by renting a bobcat E50 excavator which was able to drag it up the hill. It starts runs for about one minute then dies. Once it starts the rpm's just slowly keep dropping until it dies. And then refuses to start. However if I let it sit for a few hours it will do the same thing, start up low idle then slowly drops rpm until it dies. This machine has less then 1000 hours on it so I really hope they don't hold me liable for the repair. I had a tech come out he claims he thinks it's the fuel pump which costs $6,000 to replace and the rental insurance DOES NOT cover that! Any other ideas what the problem could be. I really hope it's not the fuel pump. My guess is it could be a clogged fuel line but I took those off and checked them. Oh also forgot to mention when it was stuck it ran very low on diesel. Luckily when I noticed that I quickly filled it up so I doubt it's air in the lines. I even bled the injectors and no air was coming out.

OP
OP
J

joeyt1995

D82F36B7-60F5-4833-A4B5-4692A1848C72.jpeg
FE1F8C14-516F-4168-BAE7-CF0FEAB98AD0.png