rear lights for 863turbo model F

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stone Hands

My 99 863 is great. the rear lights have never worked. There is a top mount hard wired strobe that has been broken off since I got the unit. I have swapped out the lights and bulbs and some bad connections. do not want to just start swapping out the harness as it is $75.00 and no guarantee that it is that. The headlights work great but there are two switches. The top on turns on the lights,, what does the bottom light do? I have the shop manual but not the owners manual so it does not talk about the gauges. Is there any chance that with the broken strobe the rear lights might no work? In the shop manual it looks like the strobe is part of the loop including the rear lights> Just looking for some answers. Thanks.

biggie

From what You've said. You have no power going to the work lights? Are the accessory fuses ok? How is the stobe light wired in? You could try to disconnect the strobe, and check the accessory fuses.

OP
OP
S

Stone Hands

From what You've said. You have no power going to the work lights? Are the accessory fuses ok? How is the stobe light wired in? You could try to disconnect the strobe, and check the accessory fuses.
I will recheck the fuses. When I first checked it appeared all were OK. If you are familier with the 863 can you tell me if the toggle switch ( which there are 2 of) under the work light switch for the rear lights? There are two toggle switches. The top one does work the front lights. Under it the second toggle has a light symbol but does nothting. Just curious. The strobe is wired to the harness in the cab from the light switch. In the shop manual it shows a strobe in the loop with the rear lights. The strobe is smashed and has been but I disconnected it and still no rear lights. Thanks for the idea on the fuses.

siduramaxde

I will recheck the fuses. When I first checked it appeared all were OK. If you are familier with the 863 can you tell me if the toggle switch ( which there are 2 of) under the work light switch for the rear lights? There are two toggle switches. The top one does work the front lights. Under it the second toggle has a light symbol but does nothting. Just curious. The strobe is wired to the harness in the cab from the light switch. In the shop manual it shows a strobe in the loop with the rear lights. The strobe is smashed and has been but I disconnected it and still no rear lights. Thanks for the idea on the fuses.
I don't know about the f series, but i am pretty sure my g series has a relay for the rear lights. Have you checked for a relay?

OP
OP
S

Stone Hands

I don't know about the f series, but i am pretty sure my g series has a relay for the rear lights. Have you checked for a relay?
No I havent. My manual shows the relays in the back on the left side by the battery. Is that your location on you G model? I will check out the relays this weekend. Thanks siduramaxde

OP
OP
S

Stone Hands

Upon checking I found that I mis stated the number switchs for lights. There is only 1 rocker switch. 3 positions. Off, Headlights and rear work lights. I put a test light in the light sockets of each of the 2 white and 2 red rear lights with the key on. I got power from each socket. I did not use a voltmeter just a 12 volt test light. Now I and others whom have responded am thinking that it could be a bad ground somewhere. I am tracking that down and will let you know. thanks.

Latest posts