RC-60 AC

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RIT

Howdy I recently purchased a 1997 RC-60 and I am concerned with the abundant water that is produced when the AC is in operation. The water pools up around my feet. Is there a drain hose on the pan of this thing anywhere? I live on the SE Gulf Coast of Texas where the humidity is always high. Are there any other ASV owners in this forum that live in high humidity zones that have had similar problems and corrected them or is this just some freak thing going on? Thanks, RIT

OP
OP
R

RIT

Is there anyone out here that can help me out with this? This morning I pulled off the belly pans to get a better look at things and did not find a drain line from the AC so I am assuming that they do not have one. It would be interesting to see if I can at least drill a couple of small holes in the floorboard to encourage the water to move out of the cab. Has anyone tried this? I find it hard to believe that I am the only ASV owner that operates in 95+ degree weather with 90+ percent humidity. If these things create so much condensation there is an obvious solution that i am overlooking. Help me out here........ Please? RIT

Tazza

Staff member
Is there anyone out here that can help me out with this? This morning I pulled off the belly pans to get a better look at things and did not find a drain line from the AC so I am assuming that they do not have one. It would be interesting to see if I can at least drill a couple of small holes in the floorboard to encourage the water to move out of the cab. Has anyone tried this? I find it hard to believe that I am the only ASV owner that operates in 95+ degree weather with 90+ percent humidity. If these things create so much condensation there is an obvious solution that i am overlooking. Help me out here........ Please? RIT
Be a little more patient, it was under 9 hours between questions. I also don't know just how popular ASV machines are, so there may not be too many members with one, and depends if theirs has AC fitted too. I assume AC was an option, so not every RC-60 would have it fitted.
There must be a drain on it, or else it would simply fill with water. I see no problem drilling a hole to drain it IF it doesn't have a drail hole, but you need to make sure you don't hit the evaporator (of course). I know in cars, the tube to the engine bay can clog up with algae over time, hopefully yours is the same, if you can find where the drain hose is located though.
You said you removed the belly pan, with it off, can you see the box that the evaporator is in? or are you just looking for a hose somewhere under th amachine that could be the drain line?
Good luck finding it, i'm sure its there somewhere....

skidsteer.ca

Be a little more patient, it was under 9 hours between questions. I also don't know just how popular ASV machines are, so there may not be too many members with one, and depends if theirs has AC fitted too. I assume AC was an option, so not every RC-60 would have it fitted.
There must be a drain on it, or else it would simply fill with water. I see no problem drilling a hole to drain it IF it doesn't have a drail hole, but you need to make sure you don't hit the evaporator (of course). I know in cars, the tube to the engine bay can clog up with algae over time, hopefully yours is the same, if you can find where the drain hose is located though.
You said you removed the belly pan, with it off, can you see the box that the evaporator is in? or are you just looking for a hose somewhere under th amachine that could be the drain line?
Good luck finding it, i'm sure its there somewhere....
It must have a drain, find it and whats blocking it or failing that, make one. Ac is any climate needs a drain.
Ken

OP
OP
R

RIT

It must have a drain, find it and whats blocking it or failing that, make one. Ac is any climate needs a drain.
Ken
I am slowly working my way through the issue. I pulled the seat today and found the evaporator, fans, electrical components, and drain tubes. I blew off all of the components and cleaned them well. I had mistaken the drain tubes as electrical... they were black flexible plastic wiring conduit. They are routed through the side of the cab and located underneath the front portion of the tracks. I tested the system on low, the water would not accumulate on the floor but it would not cool the cab enough to be comfortable. When I turned the system on high, It took about a half hour or so for the water to begin pooling up again. I am working on getting a replacement switch because the medium setting does not work. I believe that a good happy medium will both cool the cab and keep the moisture to a tolerable level. Is it possible that on high, the fans are just moving too much air and thus creating an abundance of condensation? Thanks, RIT

Tazza

Staff member
I am slowly working my way through the issue. I pulled the seat today and found the evaporator, fans, electrical components, and drain tubes. I blew off all of the components and cleaned them well. I had mistaken the drain tubes as electrical... they were black flexible plastic wiring conduit. They are routed through the side of the cab and located underneath the front portion of the tracks. I tested the system on low, the water would not accumulate on the floor but it would not cool the cab enough to be comfortable. When I turned the system on high, It took about a half hour or so for the water to begin pooling up again. I am working on getting a replacement switch because the medium setting does not work. I believe that a good happy medium will both cool the cab and keep the moisture to a tolerable level. Is it possible that on high, the fans are just moving too much air and thus creating an abundance of condensation? Thanks, RIT
I can't see having the fan on a high setting could cause there to be too much condensation forming, if thats what you are thinking it could be?
I know mine in the car, if its a really humid day (common in Brisbane summer), the water condenses on the outside of the plastic box, this can drop on the passengers feet, but its only a drip, not a pool like you have, but over time it could be classed as a pool, could it be as simple as that? I know in an ideal world, the insulation from the cold inside to the outside of the housing would be perfect and no water would form on the outside, but it can and does still happen.
As you have high humidity, i would lean towards that being the cause, the housing could even have a crack in it.

OP
OP
R

RIT

I can't see having the fan on a high setting could cause there to be too much condensation forming, if thats what you are thinking it could be?
I know mine in the car, if its a really humid day (common in Brisbane summer), the water condenses on the outside of the plastic box, this can drop on the passengers feet, but its only a drip, not a pool like you have, but over time it could be classed as a pool, could it be as simple as that? I know in an ideal world, the insulation from the cold inside to the outside of the housing would be perfect and no water would form on the outside, but it can and does still happen.
As you have high humidity, i would lean towards that being the cause, the housing could even have a crack in it.
Tazza ... I am just curious. What housing are you thinking that could be cracked? Thanks... RIT

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza ... I am just curious. What housing are you thinking that could be cracked? Thanks... RIT
The plastic housing that the evaporator sits in. I remember my parents had a car that had a crack in it, with the AC on, you would get a few drops of water on your feet. The thing is, i have no idea where the evaporator is on your machine.... If the water is gathering under the evaporator box, i would suspect a crack or simply condensation on the outside due to the fact its cold and the air is so humid.
Is that possible at all?

OP
OP
R

RIT

The plastic housing that the evaporator sits in. I remember my parents had a car that had a crack in it, with the AC on, you would get a few drops of water on your feet. The thing is, i have no idea where the evaporator is on your machine.... If the water is gathering under the evaporator box, i would suspect a crack or simply condensation on the outside due to the fact its cold and the air is so humid.
Is that possible at all?
Tazza, Thanks for the help. I have been over and under this thing a few times with very little luck. The evaporator is located directly underneath the seat on this machine. The housing is metal so looking for a crack was useless. It did get me thinking though. I managed to find a good side air gap on the bottom of the cab door. After I adjusted the door and got a good seal on the cab door, the condensation is minimal and the cooling is much better.

Digdeep

Tazza, Thanks for the help. I have been over and under this thing a few times with very little luck. The evaporator is located directly underneath the seat on this machine. The housing is metal so looking for a crack was useless. It did get me thinking though. I managed to find a good side air gap on the bottom of the cab door. After I adjusted the door and got a good seal on the cab door, the condensation is minimal and the cooling is much better.
Call the factory 1-800-346-4367 ask for the service department. I have done this in the past with technical questions and they have been very helpful.

Tazza

Staff member
Call the factory 1-800-346-4367 ask for the service department. I have done this in the past with technical questions and they have been very helpful.
Sounds like it may simply be the humidity in the air condensing on the outside of the metal evaporator box.... I guess its a small price to pay for being cool in summer :)