rates

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

destro

Hear it is almost 2016 and some think my rate is to high ;; I,m at $85.00 pr hour for a A770......I go through a tank of gas every 8 hours ; also have 12 attachments..I,m fully insured ..I,m in B.C interior..My felling is my rate is fair ? Any thoughts

reaperman

Your rate isn't too high, you have a pretty big machine. That rate and more is charged for machines smaller than yours here in Minn. People tend to think all skid steers are the same, forgetting about machine size. In their defense, they all look similar. Also attachments should be charged above your normal rate. It would be different if attachments were free, but we know how pricey they can be, not to mention wear and tear on the attachment.

Hotrod1830

Your rate isn't too high, you have a pretty big machine. That rate and more is charged for machines smaller than yours here in Minn. People tend to think all skid steers are the same, forgetting about machine size. In their defense, they all look similar. Also attachments should be charged above your normal rate. It would be different if attachments were free, but we know how pricey they can be, not to mention wear and tear on the attachment.
Start rattling off $$$$ amounts for payments, repair, fuel, maintenance, and finally an operator and customers tend to settle down. Tell them you would LOVE to do it for free, but the bills You receive prohibit you from doing that.

mmsllc

Start rattling off $$$$ amounts for payments, repair, fuel, maintenance, and finally an operator and customers tend to settle down. Tell them you would LOVE to do it for free, but the bills You receive prohibit you from doing that.
MOST guys around here charge about 2 or 3 hours time to show up & work that length of time. Then every hour after that is a rate of around $75 per hour. Doing that will help nail down a certain amount of money that you will know you will get, if you show up. Example, 3 hours @ $85 is $255, then $85 for every hour after that. If your customers still complain, give them a shovel. Let them see first hand how hard it is to do. That ought to shut them up as well. It is a blunt move, but as they look / hold the shovel, they should want you to complete the job asap just to be done with it.

Latest posts