Raising Skidsteer Lift Arm Without Power

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mikeysp

I have a New Holland L180 that broke down and need the Lift Arm raised. I do not have another piece of heavy equipment to lift the arm, so after searching for this problem without success, I came up with he idea to convert a small 12V Hydraulic pump into a Lift Arm raising tool. If there is an easier solution, I welcome it. My idea is to convert the small hydraulic outflow line connection to the larger size of one of the Lift arm cylinders and connect it to the lift side of the cylinder. Then, to loosen the other side of the cylinder and both connections on the other lift arm. I will raise it while seatind in the machine and once lifted to max elevation, extend the safety lock pins. How does the rest of the world deal with this problem. I am sure I am not the first to face this predicament and want to go the easiest route and avoid inventing wheels. Budget matters, this is why I am fixing the machine myself.

JDWY

I've wondered about the best route to take if I run into that nightmare also. I figured I'd have to undo the cylinder hyd lines, round up a few empty buckets, hire a small boom truck to come out to raise the arms while I set the boom safety locks. A major pain in the rear. After we bought ours, I smartened up fairly quick and whenever I'm not going to use it for any length of time I park it in the hay/equipment shed with the arms up and lock pins engaged, especially in winter.

Mike10

I use a 12 v hyd pump. If your boom cylinders are made with a rectangular block welded to the bottom of the cylinder barrel, then there will be a plug on the outside of the barrel at the bottom you can hook to that port. Connected like that and you do not need to loosen the hose on the other side. You will need to remove the top hoses so the oil can escape. I have a hose I connect to one cylinder and also to the steel line and connected to a third hose so I can direct the out flow oil to a bucket.