Rail pressure codes--HELP!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RRKW

I've got a new 2015 T650 with 35 hours on the engine. I began getting rail pressure codes (76-16) During a long stretch of plowing snow, the machine beeps 3 times and shuts down completely. I have it at a Bobcat dealer as I type this and after talking with them, I'm not very confident that they even know where to start. This machine has 35 total hours on it!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Bobcatdan

Probably just a fuel filter. These new engines appear to be very picky about the filter and go threw a ton of those $90 filters.

OP
OP
R

RRKW

Probably just a fuel filter. These new engines appear to be very picky about the filter and go threw a ton of those $90 filters.
I'll give it a whirl. Bobcat better get it figured out. That's not acceptable for a $60k new machine. Thanks for your advice. I'll let you know what I find out

Bobcatdan

I'll give it a whirl. Bobcat better get it figured out. That's not acceptable for a $60k new machine. Thanks for your advice. I'll let you know what I find out
When you talked to them, they probably hadn't put the computer on it yet which is the only real way to know what's going on. With the engines still pretty new, they may not want to talk a real good game to customer by saying one thing to find out its another. While downtime is annoying, this is what warranty is for. If you are in a real bind, they should offer a loaner.

OP
OP
R

RRKW

When you talked to them, they probably hadn't put the computer on it yet which is the only real way to know what's going on. With the engines still pretty new, they may not want to talk a real good game to customer by saying one thing to find out its another. While downtime is annoying, this is what warranty is for. If you are in a real bind, they should offer a loaner.
They said that it didn't have any stored error codes in the system. Once they drove it they got them like I did. They said rail drive control fault on both of the different error numbers

Bobcatdan

They said that it didn't have any stored error codes in the system. Once they drove it they got them like I did. They said rail drive control fault on both of the different error numbers
If you saw a service code, it is stored for life in the controller. If you have a deluxe dash, you can see stored codes in there. Only active codes are shown in the hour meter.

OP
OP
R

RRKW

If you saw a service code, it is stored for life in the controller. If you have a deluxe dash, you can see stored codes in there. Only active codes are shown in the hour meter.
Hmmm. I do have the deluxe instrumentation panel. I'm dealing with a relatively new Bobcat dealer and I'm thinking that I may be dealing with someone without much experience. I told him that the codes are stored and that he just needs to plug in to his computer and he found nothing...

OP
OP
R

RRKW

Hmmm. I do have the deluxe instrumentation panel. I'm dealing with a relatively new Bobcat dealer and I'm thinking that I may be dealing with someone without much experience. I told him that the codes are stored and that he just needs to plug in to his computer and he found nothing...
Changed fuel filter and it's running fine for now...

dbb.brisbros

Keep one or two on hand and familiarized yourself with how to change it. The joys of these new emission engines.
Just came on looking for this problem, new 770 with 270 hours and on it's 3rd fuel filter. I'm getting ready to jump off a bridge over this bs. We have 6 other machines with high pressure fuel rails and zero problems, but this Bobcat is a piece of junk. I'm not satisfied with that's the way it is, because that's not the way it is with other manufacturers. Anyone else experiencing this??

1baddeer

Just came on looking for this problem, new 770 with 270 hours and on it's 3rd fuel filter. I'm getting ready to jump off a bridge over this bs. We have 6 other machines with high pressure fuel rails and zero problems, but this Bobcat is a piece of junk. I'm not satisfied with that's the way it is, because that's not the way it is with other manufacturers. Anyone else experiencing this??
Did this ever get worked out? 2016 T-770 I keep getting code 76-16 Fuel rail pressure fault 280 hour machine and on 3rd fuel filter. Runs for a while beep beep beep quits and will restart but seems to be getting worse, My closes dealer is 140 miles away. I would like to remedy this myself if possible but this seems to be a common error on these late model machine It is all over the internet but have not found a real cure as yet. Thanks for any help

reaperman

Did this ever get worked out? 2016 T-770 I keep getting code 76-16 Fuel rail pressure fault 280 hour machine and on 3rd fuel filter. Runs for a while beep beep beep quits and will restart but seems to be getting worse, My closes dealer is 140 miles away. I would like to remedy this myself if possible but this seems to be a common error on these late model machine It is all over the internet but have not found a real cure as yet. Thanks for any help
Your on your 3rd filter in how long? Does changing the filter solve the issue for a while? Perhaps you have a issue with the fuel being put in the machine. These new filters are designed to filter out very small particles and do plug up way more often than the old canister filters we all miss. I cant complain, out t750 has 1300 hrs and went thru only 2 filters so far. Both cold weather related.

Latest posts