Quick Attach Stuck Can't Relase Bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LazyV

I cannot seem to get my quich attach bucket to deattach. 99 or so Cat 236 handles seem to move but does not pull up the pin that hold it in place- cannot get buck off. I am fairly green/newbie. Any ideas?

OldMachinist

Spray pins with penetrating oil and tap with hammer. If that doesn't work try heating them with a torch and tapping with larger hammer. If you have to beat it lot use a piece of softer metal between the hammer and pins to keep from mushrooming them over. Sometimes several heating and cooling cycles may be required to loosen stuck parts.

bobcat_ron

Spray pins with penetrating oil and tap with hammer. If that doesn't work try heating them with a torch and tapping with larger hammer. If you have to beat it lot use a piece of softer metal between the hammer and pins to keep from mushrooming them over. Sometimes several heating and cooling cycles may be required to loosen stuck parts.
There's some crap in the wedge pin springs and the general area, Here are some good pics of a rubber mud flap protection for that area.
attachment.php

attachment.php

There Ron, saved you the trouble of hitting copy and paste.... twice.
Ken