Quick-Attach "rest" position angle

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vinito

I am converting my machine to have a standard quick attach (partly because the existing mount needs a lot of work to bring it back to good).
I'm replacing what's on the machine with a new latch box, then I'll be adding the plates to my existing and future attachments. But of course the angle of my existing mount is much different than what I see on modern skidsteers. I would like to bring this into modern times and I can set this up with whatever geometry I want. And it seems best to build this to match what today's machines have, right? But I cannot find any specifications for the angle on the back of a modern bucket, or otherwise simply what the angle the faces of the plate and latch box are when it is in its neutral or "rest" position, i.e. bucket level on the ground and no back or down tilt.
Anybody have a good number on this? really even a good ballpark number would probably do. The best I could find is one company suggests 10 degrees as an average for their compiled list, but I don't know if I trust that number or not. Also, wouldn't hurt to match what is standard clearance to the ground while I'm at it, if I can.
So can anybody suggest proper dimensions for the angle and distance to ground?
Thanks.
 photo tilt1.jpg
Note that this drawing assumes the "rest" position with bucket flat and level to the ground, not tilted forward. Probably obvious but...
And this is just what I'm guessing too. Maybe it's supposed to be perpendicular to the ground for all I know.

TriHonu

&nbsp
I measured the Quick-Tach on my 763. It is on pavement with a near new set of tires.
With the Quick-Tach curled all the way back, the top of the Quick-Tach is further to the rear of the loader than the front by 3.6 degrees.
The "Distance to Ground" you reference is not clear to me. If the drawing was the bucket side of the connection, I measured 6.5 inches. If you are drawing the loader Quick-Tach, wouldn't you want the distance to the lower side of the bottom strap?
Buckets are manufactured with varying pan (bottom) to back angles. This angle determines how much you can curl the bucket to minimize spillage of loose materials. Fertilizer buckets tend to have smaller angles. This allows the bucket maximum curl so the pellets can fill the maximum struck volume of the bucket.
If you are fitting to an existing bucket you want the arms all the way down and the tires somewhat loaded down. In this position, the pan of the bucket should sit flat on the grade.
If the heel of the bucket is high, the bucket will want to dive into the cut when you are trying to cut to grade. This makes grading much more difficult.
If the heel is low, you will have to lift the arms when cutting grade. This puts addition stress on the arms since most loaders have a stop when the arms are all the way down. The stop helps support the arms when you are loading the bucket.
The height of the Quick-Tach mounting plate also varies from bucket to bucket. I have never measured but I suspect that each manufacturer sets the height according to the height of their loaders. I have also seen buckets that have the Quick-Tach plate set higher on the bucket to compensate for the increased loader height when you install a set of tracks.

OP
OP
vinito

vinito

&nbsp
I measured the Quick-Tach on my 763. It is on pavement with a near new set of tires.
With the Quick-Tach curled all the way back, the top of the Quick-Tach is further to the rear of the loader than the front by 3.6 degrees.
The "Distance to Ground" you reference is not clear to me. If the drawing was the bucket side of the connection, I measured 6.5 inches. If you are drawing the loader Quick-Tach, wouldn't you want the distance to the lower side of the bottom strap?
Buckets are manufactured with varying pan (bottom) to back angles. This angle determines how much you can curl the bucket to minimize spillage of loose materials. Fertilizer buckets tend to have smaller angles. This allows the bucket maximum curl so the pellets can fill the maximum struck volume of the bucket.
If you are fitting to an existing bucket you want the arms all the way down and the tires somewhat loaded down. In this position, the pan of the bucket should sit flat on the grade.
If the heel of the bucket is high, the bucket will want to dive into the cut when you are trying to cut to grade. This makes grading much more difficult.
If the heel is low, you will have to lift the arms when cutting grade. This puts addition stress on the arms since most loaders have a stop when the arms are all the way down. The stop helps support the arms when you are loading the bucket.
The height of the Quick-Tach mounting plate also varies from bucket to bucket. I have never measured but I suspect that each manufacturer sets the height according to the height of their loaders. I have also seen buckets that have the Quick-Tach plate set higher on the bucket to compensate for the increased loader height when you install a set of tracks.
"The "Distance to Ground" you reference is not clear to me. If the drawing was the bucket side of the connection, I measured 6.5 inches"
Yea that's the bucket side. It was a sketch I found by a company on the web, so I thought that point is what mattered. Your 6-1/2" dimension should be all I need to go by, but if that height varies by machine then I might drop it a bit if that appears to fit better - my machine is pretty bitty. I'll bias the attachment wedges so my buckets & attachments come out right.
I can see why you'd want to reference the full back tilt angle rather than something "with the bucket level" if that angle changes from bucket to bucket. I'll make my latch plate so full tilt gives me 3 or 4 degrees backward and I should be pretty good. Then I'll make the attachment plates to suit the latch plate arc.
Thanks a bunch for the reply and especially for taking the time to measure your machine.