Questions about bobcat 643

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mdj

Hi everyone

I just bout a used bobcat 643, I have some question and hope someone will help

How do i acces the u-joint for grease, (picture welcome)

Noisy hydraulic, is that normal it sounds like the hydraulic pipes vibrates very loud

How can I see, what year the machine is from?

Is there anything I should be special aver off with this machine

Have anyone buy something here? http://www.ssbtractor.com/miscellaneous_tractor_manuals_1.html I wont to buy the service manual here.

/Mdj

Tazza

Staff member
I have dealt with SSB before, they are good but you can get better quality off a guy on e-bay. I got my 731 manuals from SSB tractor and i was very happy with them.
As for the U-joints, you need to lift the cab and access it through the blower housing, its not an easy job! but it can be done. If the U-Joints are not oem you may need to pull the engine to access them. The ones i recently got had a different grease nipple location! There should be 3 grease nipples back there.

OP
OP
M

mdj

I have dealt with SSB before, they are good but you can get better quality off a guy on e-bay. I got my 731 manuals from SSB tractor and i was very happy with them.
As for the U-joints, you need to lift the cab and access it through the blower housing, its not an easy job! but it can be done. If the U-Joints are not oem you may need to pull the engine to access them. The ones i recently got had a different grease nipple location! There should be 3 grease nipples back there.
Thanks Tazza.

bfingar

Thanks Tazza.
MDJ:
I have a copy of the 641/642/643 service manual. They are basically the same machine. I have a 642 which has a Ford Industrial gas engine in it. I believe the 641 is a Deutz air cooled diesel and the 643 is a kubota diesel..maybe its the other way around. If you need something specific, give me a shout and I could scan a few pages for you if you need something short term. Long term, when I get a minute I can make a copy of it for you and send it to you.
I have scaned some parts of it, if you need something specific, let me know. I also have the owners manual electronically if you want it. I could send you that, it at least has the preventative maintenance schedule and some other machine specs that are at interesting.

If you e-mail me, put "643 Bobcat" in the subject line, otherwise I may be delete the e-mail if it from someone I do not know.

Thanks
Bernie

OP
OP
M

mdj

MDJ:
I have a copy of the 641/642/643 service manual. They are basically the same machine. I have a 642 which has a Ford Industrial gas engine in it. I believe the 641 is a Deutz air cooled diesel and the 643 is a kubota diesel..maybe its the other way around. If you need something specific, give me a shout and I could scan a few pages for you if you need something short term. Long term, when I get a minute I can make a copy of it for you and send it to you.
I have scaned some parts of it, if you need something specific, let me know. I also have the owners manual electronically if you want it. I could send you that, it at least has the preventative maintenance schedule and some other machine specs that are at interesting.

If you e-mail me, put "643 Bobcat" in the subject line, otherwise I may be delete the e-mail if it from someone I do not know.

Thanks
Bernie
Thanks very most Bernie, I have mail you.
/Mdj

Latest posts