Questions about auxiliary hyd wiring on 853c

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mredden

I havent have any problems untill i tried using my grappel.The green light came on when i pushed the auxiliary button but grappel didnt move or even make a sound.A guy on here told me how to check the solenoids to make sure none of the shutters were stuck in the stems.I took them all off and the shutters were good in all 3 but the coil was burnt out in 1 solenoid and that solenoid was bigger and made a little diffrent from the other 2.This one was mounted on a hyd box by itself mounted on the right side main frame.I couldnt get a new solenoid till monday.So i figured i would check the voltage on the wires that run the solenoids.I turned the key over 1 click pushed the auxliliary button and put the cab up.I tested the 1 that ran the one that burnt out its only gettin 5 volts.The next one i checked was getting 10volts and the last one was 10volts also.Then i pressed the auxiliary button off and checked them again.The first one tested the same way 5 volts.On the next one the only way it would get juice is if i pushed the button to the right on my stick 10volts but if i pushed it left it wasnt hot.The last one was 10 volts didnt have to push nothing.If the way i was testin was wrong please let me know how i should be doin it.This is the first bobcat ive owned and know nothing about trouble shootin or workin on it.Im young just recently left the nest of my parents now makin a mortgage payment married and takin care of a 3 year old.So paying the cat man to come out and fix it is way out the question for me.I appreciate all yalls feed back and help.Let me know your thoughts let me know what i should do next.My solenoid will be in monday but i dont wont to put in on and burn it up with bad wiring.Thanks

OP
OP
M

mredden

And something else i think the wiring harness has maybe been changed cause i was lookin in my sevice manual at the wiring.I took the plastic ingnition swich dashboard down the other day and i could barley get it dack on it had so many wires up there most of them were open plugs.A friend of mine was over and hes got a 7 series and he said his looks nothing like mine.