Prowler Tires & Tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bandit1047

Anyone out there using "Prowler" Tracks or tires? Are they honest and how do their tires and tracks stand up? Any feedback would be appreciated. I got BURNED by McLaren when purchasing airless tires. They completely misrepresented the tires and their Money back guarentee is also a lie! Their sales people will tell you anything to make the sale. Deal with McLaren Industries at your own risk!

WebbCo

Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance with McLaren. You do know they are now the OEM replacement track for Bobcat Company. Something to think about.

skidsteer.ca

Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance with McLaren. You do know they are now the OEM replacement track for Bobcat Company. Something to think about.
I'm happy with their diamond steel tracks, run real smooth because they have extra pads. Great traction but hard on turf.
Can't speak for tires, have a deep tread on them but wear depends on your application, What type of failure(s) did you have?
Ken

OP
OP
B

Bandit1047

I'm happy with their diamond steel tracks, run real smooth because they have extra pads. Great traction but hard on turf.
Can't speak for tires, have a deep tread on them but wear depends on your application, What type of failure(s) did you have?
Ken
If you watch the McLaren video on their airless tires you see them running over a brick and the tire flexes. They advertise a "cushion" ride with the tires and claim they have great traction in dirt and snow. I ordered the 14 X 17.5 tires and I was very specific about wanting the "dirt-Cushion" tires since the skid steer will be used primarily off road. I also told them I needed at least a 2.5 inch offset.
When I recieved the tires they were hard and had no flex at all. It was abvious that these tires were made for concrete and Asphult use. When I contacted McLaren, I was told that the 14 X 17.5 tires did not come in the Dirt- Cushion rubber compound. I asked them to even exchange them for the 12 X 16.5 softer rubber compound and I was told that I got what I ordered and they were not about to exchange them. Great way to build customer relations!
My only option is to sue or warn people about their crappy business practice.....You have been warned.
Joe

Tazza

Staff member
If you watch the McLaren video on their airless tires you see them running over a brick and the tire flexes. They advertise a "cushion" ride with the tires and claim they have great traction in dirt and snow. I ordered the 14 X 17.5 tires and I was very specific about wanting the "dirt-Cushion" tires since the skid steer will be used primarily off road. I also told them I needed at least a 2.5 inch offset.
When I recieved the tires they were hard and had no flex at all. It was abvious that these tires were made for concrete and Asphult use. When I contacted McLaren, I was told that the 14 X 17.5 tires did not come in the Dirt- Cushion rubber compound. I asked them to even exchange them for the 12 X 16.5 softer rubber compound and I was told that I got what I ordered and they were not about to exchange them. Great way to build customer relations!
My only option is to sue or warn people about their crappy business practice.....You have been warned.
Joe
That's really crappy of them. You ordered the cushioning ones, it doesn't matter that they are not offered in that size, they should have told you that. I thought that if it was not as ordered you are entitled to a refund, if not a store credit.
Is there a small claims court that you can contact for advise? we have a department called 'consumer affiars' that handles things like this and they want to know if people are doing the wrong thing.

farmboy55

That's really crappy of them. You ordered the cushioning ones, it doesn't matter that they are not offered in that size, they should have told you that. I thought that if it was not as ordered you are entitled to a refund, if not a store credit.
Is there a small claims court that you can contact for advise? we have a department called 'consumer affiars' that handles things like this and they want to know if people are doing the wrong thing.
I'm running the prowler tire with tracks, no problems, But I don"t abuse my machine.