problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Leftyp

i have a 631 and nothing works it tries to move when first started but doesnt i can get the bucket to go up and down maybe 2 times then nothing.. would the filter in the port block cause all of this..? also there is a cavitating noise it sounds like coming from the pump... any suggestions..??

Tazza

Staff member
Have you checked the filter in the port block? you seem to know about it so i assume you have?
The port block filter *usually* only causes drive issues, this will cause the pump to howl and heat up really fast. If you keep using it this way you will cause damage.
I would change the filter first and see what happens. Does the trans light on the dash come on at all? it should light up when the charge pressure is low due to a blocked suction line filter.
Do you have any drive issues?

OP
OP
L

Leftyp

Have you checked the filter in the port block? you seem to know about it so i assume you have?
The port block filter *usually* only causes drive issues, this will cause the pump to howl and heat up really fast. If you keep using it this way you will cause damage.
I would change the filter first and see what happens. Does the trans light on the dash come on at all? it should light up when the charge pressure is low due to a blocked suction line filter.
Do you have any drive issues?
i havnt checked the filter in the port block yet.. but would that cause the bucket not to lift..? when first started it will go FWD a little the left better than the right..

Tazza

Staff member
i havnt checked the filter in the port block yet.. but would that cause the bucket not to lift..? when first started it will go FWD a little the left better than the right..
From memory the filter only causes drive problems but it could be blocking most of the oil so the hydraulic pump doesn't work either. I would start with the filter.
Lift the cab, on the left side of the block that sits n top of the hydraulic pump, there are 3 hoses, you want the middle one, remove the fitting from the block (the bolt size is larger than the other 2). There will be a spring that is pushing on a bronze filter, chances are it has never been cleaned. Best if you installed a new one but you can clean it with diesel and compressed air if you need to. You may need pointy nose pliers to get it out too.
I honestly would start there, then you know for sure its clean.

OP
OP
L

Leftyp

From memory the filter only causes drive problems but it could be blocking most of the oil so the hydraulic pump doesn't work either. I would start with the filter.
Lift the cab, on the left side of the block that sits n top of the hydraulic pump, there are 3 hoses, you want the middle one, remove the fitting from the block (the bolt size is larger than the other 2). There will be a spring that is pushing on a bronze filter, chances are it has never been cleaned. Best if you installed a new one but you can clean it with diesel and compressed air if you need to. You may need pointy nose pliers to get it out too.
I honestly would start there, then you know for sure its clean.
thanx alot i'll let you know if that fixes it.. it not im sure i'll be talkin to you again..