Power loss & stalling

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

burtronn

I have a 863 bobcat with approximately 2900 hours on it. The problem that I am having is the machine will almost die when you move the arms and bucket or drive at 3/4 to full speed. If I put much load on the engine at all it wants to stall out and die. Any ideas?

skidboy

Sounds like a fuel supply problem.Check that you are able to pump a good flow with the black hand pump.Make sure not as simple as blocked fuel filter.I have had a few probs. with lift pumps on Deutz engines,and you may need to get the lift pump pressure checked.

OP
OP
B

burtronn

Sounds like a fuel supply problem.Check that you are able to pump a good flow with the black hand pump.Make sure not as simple as blocked fuel filter.I have had a few probs. with lift pumps on Deutz engines,and you may need to get the lift pump pressure checked.
Well I will change the filter and verify the results after I attempt to fix the problems! Thank you for the information. Very much appreciated!

OP
OP
B

burtronn

Well I will change the filter and verify the results after I attempt to fix the problems! Thank you for the information. Very much appreciated!
That did the trick. Filter only had 130 hrs on it so I wonder why it was slowing things down? Anyways Thanks