Power Bob-Tach

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

catnip2377

Hi, I just purchased an 04 S130 with about 400 hours on it. It came with the power bob-tach option, however it is not working. I have tested the switch on the console and it is operating correctly and there is power getting to the switch. I checked the cables on the hydraulic unit and they are not torn and have a clean connection. Does anyone know what else I should be checking? Thanks in advance.

skidsteer.ca

I have read in here before that the linkages can rust up causing the ram to not have enough power to move the pins?
Yes make sure the pins are well greased, the cylinder is fairly low presure. Also using the foot peday at the same times seems to speed mine up.
Ken

OP
OP
C

catnip2377

Yes make sure the pins are well greased, the cylinder is fairly low presure. Also using the foot peday at the same times seems to speed mine up.
Ken
Wow, thanks for all the prompt replies. I will try those suggestions. When you hit the switch to open and close it should you hear the hydraulic pumps straining the engine (like if you were lifing the arms or tilting the bucket)?

OP
OP
C

catnip2377

Wow, thanks for all the prompt replies. I will try those suggestions. When you hit the switch to open and close it should you hear the hydraulic pumps straining the engine (like if you were lifing the arms or tilting the bucket)?
Update: I took the hydraulic hoses off the front bobtach cylinder and manually closed it (open bob-tach). I then put the hose back on and tried to close it by pusing the button. The only way I got it to work was to tilt the bucket all the way up and hold the pedal at the fully up position. Then the bobtach slowly started to close the pins. It would not close unless the pedal was held at the same time. I still can't get it to open. Even with the cylinder disconected from the bob-tach. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
Update: I took the hydraulic hoses off the front bobtach cylinder and manually closed it (open bob-tach). I then put the hose back on and tried to close it by pusing the button. The only way I got it to work was to tilt the bucket all the way up and hold the pedal at the fully up position. Then the bobtach slowly started to close the pins. It would not close unless the pedal was held at the same time. I still can't get it to open. Even with the cylinder disconected from the bob-tach. Any ideas?
It sounds like its not getting oil, or its simply by-passing the relief. I don't fully understand how they plumb this circuit in, but i do know its set at a far lower relief pressure than your main system. With you operating your tilt diverts the oil priorities, it sort of makes me think your aux hydraulics may some how me stuck on, but that is simply a guess.
The control coils for the power bobtach seem to work as you get the ram to move a little when operating the tilt. If they were stuck, you should get no movement at all.
Have you tried harassing your locak dealer? it may be a known issue with s simple fix?

skidsteer.ca

It sounds like its not getting oil, or its simply by-passing the relief. I don't fully understand how they plumb this circuit in, but i do know its set at a far lower relief pressure than your main system. With you operating your tilt diverts the oil priorities, it sort of makes me think your aux hydraulics may some how me stuck on, but that is simply a guess.
The control coils for the power bobtach seem to work as you get the ram to move a little when operating the tilt. If they were stuck, you should get no movement at all.
Have you tried harassing your locak dealer? it may be a known issue with s simple fix?
Could also be the cylinder is by passing internally.
Unhook the hoses and put compressed air in one port and see if it leaks out the other.
Ken

Latest posts