post hole digger

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mistersweeper

I am in need of a post hole / piling auger drive. The ground here seems to be more rock than dirt. Does anyone have any suggestions for a A300 with high flow option? I realize you can get rock bits but I want a auger drive that will withstand the drilling into rocky ground.

A.G.

I would get the model 30 for more torque, drilling through rocky soil. Especially if you have bigger holes to drill like 24s for example. With the high flow option you could probably run the drive in high flow in more moderate or easy digging conditions, and drill a little faster like a 15 model. Rock bits while expensive, are the way to go, whatever drive you end up using. I use a model 15 to drill 18 inch holes through stone, but you have to be carefull not to press down too hard or the drive can stall. You just want to keep the rock bit grinding away, its digging just not real fast. Best option, rent one before you buy, so you can really test it.

skidsteer.ca

I would get the model 30 for more torque, drilling through rocky soil. Especially if you have bigger holes to drill like 24s for example. With the high flow option you could probably run the drive in high flow in more moderate or easy digging conditions, and drill a little faster like a 15 model. Rock bits while expensive, are the way to go, whatever drive you end up using. I use a model 15 to drill 18 inch holes through stone, but you have to be carefull not to press down too hard or the drive can stall. You just want to keep the rock bit grinding away, its digging just not real fast. Best option, rent one before you buy, so you can really test it.
Check out www.premierauger.com and let me know if you want a quote on any of the models. They have models much larger then the 15 and 19 if you want. The HO28 has 4091 ft lbs at 3000 psi and 79 rpm at 35 gallons per minute. Rated for a 48" bit.
Ken