Poor def quality alarm

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bennigin

I have a 2015 TR340 skid steer. It is displaying a "poor def quality" message and alarms constantly.
I have drained and replaced the def fluid. Anyone have any ideas or have seen this issue?

foton

Man I had no clue that this existed,but I guess it protects the expensive exaust treatment equipment . but I do know that DEF has a shelf life,so like foods you have to look at the best by and use by date. I think after manf. it is good for about 2 years, a guess.

mrbb

there should be sensor's in the tank, , and they can fail
I have also seen some DEF systems, that developed some sort of crystal like build up that coated insides of tanks and sensors!
so, when you had tank drained did you look inside tank to se if any build up was in there?

OP
OP
B

bennigin

I may try to pull the tank and see. Hard to see inside since there is a spring loaded metal flap over the hole. I have seen a couple of posts other places stating the dealer has to reset the alarm/code.

OP
OP
B

bennigin

I may try to pull the tank and see. Hard to see inside since there is a spring loaded metal flap over the hole. I have seen a couple of posts other places stating the dealer has to reset the alarm/code.