parking brake S 130 won't work

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rickyboy

need to know what to check for and or trouble shoot parking brake won't work 2004 s130 also need to know if that model came with the hand controls, they are on the machine but don't work is this because it's an option or should they work if you don't want to use the foot controls?

Fishfiles

will it not lock or not unlock , there are fuses and relays under the cover between your legs when sitting in the seat , thats a good spot to start on the brake ------the hand controlls should work after you press the button on the dash which is in the middle section of the dash on the left side , it should be yellow , the hand controlls may need to be turned on by a dealer thru the controller and lap top hook up as it sounds like you aquired the machine used

OP
OP
R

rickyboy

will it not lock or not unlock , there are fuses and relays under the cover between your legs when sitting in the seat , thats a good spot to start on the brake ------the hand controlls should work after you press the button on the dash which is in the middle section of the dash on the left side , it should be yellow , the hand controlls may need to be turned on by a dealer thru the controller and lap top hook up as it sounds like you aquired the machine used
thank you for your reply I am looking at the S130 2004 with 2700 hours we live in upstate NY I got this guy down to $10500 on the machine he brought it up fro Florida but the parking brake does not work at all and nor due the hand controls? he tells me that they are just for add on hydr? if they are there and came with them on the unit they should run the lift arm with out the pedals right? please advise what else I should look at ? thank you,

Fishfiles

thank you for your reply I am looking at the S130 2004 with 2700 hours we live in upstate NY I got this guy down to $10500 on the machine he brought it up fro Florida but the parking brake does not work at all and nor due the hand controls? he tells me that they are just for add on hydr? if they are there and came with them on the unit they should run the lift arm with out the pedals right? please advise what else I should look at ? thank you,
I don't know how pricing goes in NY , but I think 10,500 for a 2004 S 130 with 2,700 hours that was in immaculate condition would be too much ----------sounds like they may have had problems with the brake and gutted the wedge out of the brake as thats about the only way it is going to stay released ---------I would definitly run the serial number of that machine thru a Bobcat dealer before doing anything , same goes for the hand controlls , probally had problems and came up with a way to by pass it ------------the real bottom line on that machine is AHC controlls are a nightmare of wiring , actuators , controllers and software issues , I would stay away from it

OP
OP
R

rickyboy

I don't know how pricing goes in NY , but I think 10,500 for a 2004 S 130 with 2,700 hours that was in immaculate condition would be too much ----------sounds like they may have had problems with the brake and gutted the wedge out of the brake as thats about the only way it is going to stay released ---------I would definitly run the serial number of that machine thru a Bobcat dealer before doing anything , same goes for the hand controlls , probally had problems and came up with a way to by pass it ------------the real bottom line on that machine is AHC controlls are a nightmare of wiring , actuators , controllers and software issues , I would stay away from it
what part of the country are you from? send me a good clean S130? thank you for your help I will not buy this unit after that, I guess I will stick with my old 743 its just getting tired and I was looking to upgrade. all the bobcat dealers around here ask around $16000.00 for a good used one with low hours.

Fishfiles

what part of the country are you from? send me a good clean S130? thank you for your help I will not buy this unit after that, I guess I will stick with my old 743 its just getting tired and I was looking to upgrade. all the bobcat dealers around here ask around $16000.00 for a good used one with low hours.
New Orleans

Latest posts