painting bobcat?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

763-NJ

I'm getting ready to paint my bobcat 763. I have it completely apart now. I have some rust spots to deal with. My question is how and what to do about the rust? What kind of paint to use and so on? Share your thoughts. Jeff

Tazza

Staff member
The way i do it is to either sand blast the spot or to use a grinder with a wire wheel to get all the rust off. I then use etch primer then paint over the top.

OP
OP

763-NJ

The way i do it is to either sand blast the spot or to use a grinder with a wire wheel to get all the rust off. I then use etch primer then paint over the top.
I picked up some por15 and some epoxy primer from southern poly urethanes this week. I have the front bare metal and the back still has good paint on it yet. I was going to try the por15 on the floor to see how that works

lesgawlik

I picked up some por15 and some epoxy primer from southern poly urethanes this week. I have the front bare metal and the back still has good paint on it yet. I was going to try the por15 on the floor to see how that works
I used POR-15 when the loader arms were taken off. It has held up very well. You don't need to take it down to bare metal. Just knock off the loose scale. Just don't get it on your hands, or anything else you care about.

OP
OP

763-NJ

I used POR-15 when the loader arms were taken off. It has held up very well. You don't need to take it down to bare metal. Just knock off the loose scale. Just don't get it on your hands, or anything else you care about.
Got the por15 on. Man that stuff dries hard as a rock. Then had to sand it and shot the upper body with southernpoly urethanes epoxy primer. So far so good. I did order the paint from bobcat so we will see how that goes. I wish I could post pics here so you can see the progress.

Tazza

Staff member
Got the por15 on. Man that stuff dries hard as a rock. Then had to sand it and shot the upper body with southernpoly urethanes epoxy primer. So far so good. I did order the paint from bobcat so we will see how that goes. I wish I could post pics here so you can see the progress.
To post pics, host the images on a site like photobucket, open the image, right click/copy then go to your message right click/paste, it should show up.
You can email me the address of where the files are stored, and i can put them on the forum for you if you can't get it to work.

OP
OP

763-NJ

To post pics, host the images on a site like photobucket, open the image, right click/copy then go to your message right click/paste, it should show up.
You can email me the address of where the files are stored, and i can put them on the forum for you if you can't get it to work.
I'll try photobucket next week when I get back home. I did spray the top half last night with bobcat acrylic enamel grey. Not sure I love that type of paint. I hope it holds up. Also not very shiny.