Paint - RAL

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

KiloKilo

We have a Bobcat 325G standing around and you can clearly see it has had it's fair share of working. We would like to bring it a bit back into it's former glory. Certain parts I would like to powder coat next time it is in the shop. It will only be the small bit's as the oven is not big enough for all the parts. The powders I buy are mentioned in RAL-codes. Any idea which codes I should use? White maybe RAL9010 Grey maybe RAL7024 And for the skidsteer as soon as we have one.... Orange maybe RAL2005 Cheers

flyerdan

I didn't see that orange listed in my Tiger Drylac book, but found it online and it does look close. Can't go wrong with the pure white but I think you might want 7026 for the gray. It's quite hard to tell on some of the close colors; where I worked we had acquired some metal cards that had the RAL colors on them so you could put them right up against what you wanted to match, really showed off how far off you could be just eyeballing a match in the book.

OP
OP
K

KiloKilo

I didn't see that orange listed in my Tiger Drylac book, but found it online and it does look close. Can't go wrong with the pure white but I think you might want 7026 for the gray. It's quite hard to tell on some of the close colors; where I worked we had acquired some metal cards that had the RAL colors on them so you could put them right up against what you wanted to match, really showed off how far off you could be just eyeballing a match in the book.
Cheers. Unfortunately I don't have a small grey part that I could take a long to check. All the small parts need new paint. The only part where I can still see the original grey good is the cab. And indeed it is not easy to compare it to the RAL (paper) cards. Will definitely have a look at the RAL7026. Thank you!

OP
OP
K

KiloKilo

Cheers. Unfortunately I don't have a small grey part that I could take a long to check. All the small parts need new paint. The only part where I can still see the original grey good is the cab. And indeed it is not easy to compare it to the RAL (paper) cards. Will definitely have a look at the RAL7026. Thank you!
BTW the RAL7016 seems a compromise between the two. Just had a look at the RAL7026. Looked quite green/blue type of grey.

OP
OP
K

KiloKilo

For normal paint that could indeed be an idea. However with powder coating that would give a different effect ;-)
Just found a site that converts colours. So if anybody has the RGB codes or something similar it could also help. http://www.perbang.dk/rgb/FFFFFF/