Opinions on 5.70-12 tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

89efhatch

OP
OP

89efhatch

Well links and pictures don't seem to work but one choice is the classic skid steer style tread and the other is more a "v" tread like ag tires on a tractor. Thought? Thanks, Mike

SkidRoe

Well links and pictures don't seem to work but one choice is the classic skid steer style tread and the other is more a "v" tread like ag tires on a tractor. Thought? Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike,
I fixed your links, they are hot now.
As far as tires go, I have run machines with both types. I think it is more up to personal preference.
I currently run the classic skidsteer R-4 style tread on my 440b, they seem to work fine in all conditions.
FWIW - SR

OP
OP

89efhatch

Hi Mike,
I fixed your links, they are hot now.
As far as tires go, I have run machines with both types. I think it is more up to personal preference.
I currently run the classic skidsteer R-4 style tread on my 440b, they seem to work fine in all conditions.
FWIW - SR
Thank you for the input SkidRoe. And I appreciate the posting assistance

billrbg

Thank you for the input SkidRoe. And I appreciate the posting assistance
Do you need the wheels too? That price seems kind of high if you only need tires. I can get 10-16s, with mounting and taxes and all, for less locally; and I live in a "high price" area...

billrbg

Do you need the wheels too? That price seems kind of high if you only need tires. I can get 10-16s, with mounting and taxes and all, for less locally; and I live in a "high price" area...
Also, I prefer the V-block type, but agree it doesn't make much difference; especially once they are worn down. I also like as heavy a side-wall as possible. With those, the tire doesn't "collapse" if it gets a leak and pop off the rim, easier to just re-inflate. I'm talking about just sitting, a slow leak, not while in use.

OP
OP

89efhatch

Also, I prefer the V-block type, but agree it doesn't make much difference; especially once they are worn down. I also like as heavy a side-wall as possible. With those, the tire doesn't "collapse" if it gets a leak and pop off the rim, easier to just re-inflate. I'm talking about just sitting, a slow leak, not while in use.
Yeah, I need the wheels too. The machine currently has solid tires mounted on different wheels. I will probably be selling those