Operation 763 rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Arik434

Engine went in on the weekend, all hosed up. Fired it up, push the steerling levers forward, guess what direction the wheels turned? yep... BACKWARDS *shakes fist* it wasn't fun swapping hoses over when covered in oil, but i got it done.
The issue i had was the drive had no power, i could stop it turning with one hand. My dad asked about oil, i put in about 8 litres, thinking it will do for just a test, oh boy i was wrong. Another 20 litres of oil and the tank still isn't full, but now i have power to the wheels and it runs well.
Still have the wiring to hook up and the tilt cylinder lines/hoses, but it's very close now.
Looks awesome. When I was just putting all the pumps and everything back in my 440, I checked the motors and cylinders at least half a dozen times. I was sure that something was going to be backwards. Luckily it all worked out, but I'm sure that is pretty common!

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Looks awesome. When I was just putting all the pumps and everything back in my 440, I checked the motors and cylinders at least half a dozen times. I was sure that something was going to be backwards. Luckily it all worked out, but I'm sure that is pretty common!
Glad your work went back in correctly. I assume you marked things or wrote it down beforehand, it's always good when things go back together and work right first time.
When i got this machine, the pump was already out, so i couldn't mark the lines to know for sure how they went back in. Hopefully that is the last big issue i have before i'm done.

Hotrod1830

Glad your work went back in correctly. I assume you marked things or wrote it down beforehand, it's always good when things go back together and work right first time.
When i got this machine, the pump was already out, so i couldn't mark the lines to know for sure how they went back in. Hopefully that is the last big issue i have before i'm done.
Looking good Tazza.
I have had good luck(so far) using the parts diagrams to figure out where hoses went. So far they have been spot on. I was putting the engine/pumps back in my 463 and forgot to mark them. I was worried I installed them backwards, and sure enough I did after looking at the parts diagram.

wbecker

Looking good Tazza.
I have had good luck(so far) using the parts diagrams to figure out where hoses went. So far they have been spot on. I was putting the engine/pumps back in my 463 and forgot to mark them. I was worried I installed them backwards, and sure enough I did after looking at the parts diagram.
That looks like fun to me Tazza, I enjoy complete restorations much more than repairs.
I have done restorations on many tractors but not a Bobcat, yet.
Great work, love the pictures, thanks.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
That looks like fun to me Tazza, I enjoy complete restorations much more than repairs.
I have done restorations on many tractors but not a Bobcat, yet.
Great work, love the pictures, thanks.
Sadly, i didn't get details up earlier, but it's all done and moved on to it's new home.
My dad has been buging me for the last few weeks to get images up, so here they are.
20170401_173550_1.jpg

20170401_173642_1.jpg

20170402_163014_1.jpg

20170402_163026.jpg

20170412_163336.jpg

20170412_163347.jpg

20170419_161226.jpg

20170429_165901.jpg

20170506_082709.jpg

20170506_082729.jpg

20170506_115227.jpg

mmsllc

Beautiful work, Tazza!
Tazza, that turned out to look amazing. If I ever go through that much trouble (" labor of love") I would NEVER sell it. I've got to ask how much you did pay it for & how much did you sell it for when all done? Regardless, I really hope the new owner treats her like solid GOLD!

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, that turned out to look amazing. If I ever go through that much trouble (" labor of love") I would NEVER sell it. I've got to ask how much you did pay it for & how much did you sell it for when all done? Regardless, I really hope the new owner treats her like solid GOLD!
Sadly i don't have a cost figure, i hopefully got my cost back plus hopefully a little bit for the 2-3 months of work that was put into it.
The parts were already paid for, i just needed to use them to make the machine work again. The parts were bought back in 2008 from a mad mate from Bobcat in Utah, even with shipping, it cost me half the price of my local dealer.
I needed to spend extra with my local dealer for parts that i didn't have, but i did pretty well to have 99% of it covered.

7LBSSMALLIE

Sadly i don't have a cost figure, i hopefully got my cost back plus hopefully a little bit for the 2-3 months of work that was put into it.
The parts were already paid for, i just needed to use them to make the machine work again. The parts were bought back in 2008 from a mad mate from Bobcat in Utah, even with shipping, it cost me half the price of my local dealer.
I needed to spend extra with my local dealer for parts that i didn't have, but i did pretty well to have 99% of it covered.
SWEET REBUILD. off the top of my head im thinking you got about 1800 in parts labour we don't count. the line bore of lift arms saved you about 2800 hundred and you are set up now to do another. 763 nice bullet proof unit. ad it will move dirt all day every day. from the outside looking in. you got game. and you already tooled up. SO question are you working these? units or RESALE. if resale avg price? obviously what im thining is you got the facility the tooling etc to refubrish older units. good on you. im a little jeloues.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
SWEET REBUILD. off the top of my head im thinking you got about 1800 in parts labour we don't count. the line bore of lift arms saved you about 2800 hundred and you are set up now to do another. 763 nice bullet proof unit. ad it will move dirt all day every day. from the outside looking in. you got game. and you already tooled up. SO question are you working these? units or RESALE. if resale avg price? obviously what im thining is you got the facility the tooling etc to refubrish older units. good on you. im a little jeloues.
I lost count of the hours i spent on it, the parts were bought 8 or so years back off a member that used to be on this forum. I think they were around 8k. They quickly added up.
This machine was bought to repair and keep, along the way, i got hold of an S150 that is now my favourite :)
My main use for these machines that i have owned over the years were to repair and move on to a new owner. I also used them to move dirt around at my parents place, so they are sort of tested with that, then sold.
The S150 got a bit of work for my cousin that raised his house, it needed earth works done under it, not sure how many hours, but i'd guess 30 or so.

7LBSSMALLIE

I lost count of the hours i spent on it, the parts were bought 8 or so years back off a member that used to be on this forum. I think they were around 8k. They quickly added up.
This machine was bought to repair and keep, along the way, i got hold of an S150 that is now my favourite :)
My main use for these machines that i have owned over the years were to repair and move on to a new owner. I also used them to move dirt around at my parents place, so they are sort of tested with that, then sold.
The S150 got a bit of work for my cousin that raised his house, it needed earth works done under it, not sure how many hours, but i'd guess 30 or so.
and you get to spend time with youre dad . good for you. bet its not always sunshine and smiles? but these are the times you will rember, and the units that you built together. well that's a living legacy

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
and you get to spend time with youre dad . good for you. bet its not always sunshine and smiles? but these are the times you will rember, and the units that you built together. well that's a living legacy
Good 'ol photo bucket taking down images unless you pay a butt load of money to them.
It was a good project, we got on each others nerves a few times, but on any large build, i'm sure that is not uncommon :)

flyerdan

Good 'ol photo bucket taking down images unless you pay a butt load of money to them.
It was a good project, we got on each others nerves a few times, but on any large build, i'm sure that is not uncommon :)
It's kind of funny, all the hoopla in the news a while ago about the script kiddies and their ransomware, when the robber barons at photobucket are making them look like pikers.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
It's kind of funny, all the hoopla in the news a while ago about the script kiddies and their ransomware, when the robber barons at photobucket are making them look like pikers.
This form of ransomware is legal, they expect you to bay like $500 usd per year for third party access to your files. The loop hole is taht you can still log in and access your files, you just can't use them in forum posts etc without paying.