Oil Pressure switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

steve911

I have an ancient M444. The ONAN powered model. The oil pressure idiot light sending unit sprang a leak and just before that it would flicker on and off while the engine was running. I did put a mchanical guage on it and verified that the engine had oil pressure. About 20lbs at idle and 30lbs while running. There are no assets at bobcat warehouses. Given that it only operates the light could I replace it with an automotive one? Does anyone know what at what pressure it was designed to turn the light on? thanks Steve A.

OldMachinist

Depending on what Onan engine you have the oil pressure sounds right. I looked at the service manual for a Onan B48 I had handy and it said 30 psi at governed speed. Most idiot light sending units turn on the light between 2 and 5 psi. You could also try a RV service place most of the generators on RV's are Onan powered and have low oil pressure switches.

renopker

Depending on what Onan engine you have the oil pressure sounds right. I looked at the service manual for a Onan B48 I had handy and it said 30 psi at governed speed. Most idiot light sending units turn on the light between 2 and 5 psi. You could also try a RV service place most of the generators on RV's are Onan powered and have low oil pressure switches.
napa has a lot of that stuff and its online.