Oil filter replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dreamweaver

It has been awhile since I needed to post anything here. Last time it was a great help. My question is what oil filter can I use to replace the one on my 873? I plan on using 15W-40 oil which the manual recommends but did not want to drive 35 miles to the nearest bobcat dealer for their filter. Anyone know what Fram filter could be used? Also how do you keep the fuel from going bad over the winter? I do not use my machine much and since I am almost finished with the excavating on my addition for the winter I wanted to set it up to sit for awhile. I live in West Virginia and it is going to be getting cold real soon. Any suggestions would really help.

DslDan

not too sure about your filter but as far as letting it sit just go to your local wally world and get some Powerservice diesel treatment in the white bottle (its got the anti-gel) plus other fuel conditioners. Should be all you need

sterlclan

not too sure about your filter but as far as letting it sit just go to your local wally world and get some Powerservice diesel treatment in the white bottle (its got the anti-gel) plus other fuel conditioners. Should be all you need
Your local(hopefully)napa can help with the filter and power serve Good luck Jeff

Tazza

Staff member
Your local(hopefully)napa can help with the filter and power serve Good luck Jeff
My dad spoke with our local diesel spares store for filters. He was able to cross reference the numbers.
Just make sure you don't buy a cheap brand, spend a bit more and get a quality brand that will not let you down. All you need is for the filter element to burst and dump all sorts through your system.

siduramaxde

My dad spoke with our local diesel spares store for filters. He was able to cross reference the numbers.
Just make sure you don't buy a cheap brand, spend a bit more and get a quality brand that will not let you down. All you need is for the filter element to burst and dump all sorts through your system.
I believe the 873 has the same duetz motor I have in my T200 and I get my filters from napa. If you want the numbers, let me know and I can get them for you. You can get the oil filter, fuel filter, and I wouldn't doubt if you can get the air filter too at Napa.
Also, since the duetz motor is oil cooled, it might not be a bad idea to run synthetic oil. I personally think it makes cold winter starts easier. I use 5w-40 rotella synthetic.

skidsteer.ca

I believe the 873 has the same duetz motor I have in my T200 and I get my filters from napa. If you want the numbers, let me know and I can get them for you. You can get the oil filter, fuel filter, and I wouldn't doubt if you can get the air filter too at Napa.
Also, since the duetz motor is oil cooled, it might not be a bad idea to run synthetic oil. I personally think it makes cold winter starts easier. I use 5w-40 rotella synthetic.
Stay away from fram filters, they have a bad reputation among the dodge cummins diesel crowd for coming apart internally and clogging oil galleries.
To cross reference your bobcat # visit http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/ or www.pureoil.com both have online cross references and quality products.
Ken

OP
OP
D

Dreamweaver

Stay away from fram filters, they have a bad reputation among the dodge cummins diesel crowd for coming apart internally and clogging oil galleries.
To cross reference your bobcat # visit http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/ or www.pureoil.com both have online cross references and quality products.
Ken
Thank you for all the help. I did not know stores like NAPA could cross reference the filters for me. I just got back from Advanced auto parts with a filter in hand. Again thanks for the advice and the help.

skidsteer.ca

Thank you for all the help. I did not know stores like NAPA could cross reference the filters for me. I just got back from Advanced auto parts with a filter in hand. Again thanks for the advice and the help.
just about any oem filter can be crossed to a filter from baldwin,purolator, kralinator, fleetgard and dozens more
Ken

DINGRAM

just about any oem filter can be crossed to a filter from baldwin,purolator, kralinator, fleetgard and dozens more
Ken
Did you mean 15W 40 Rotella? I need to do an oil change on a T190 I just got. It's my first Bobcat and I don't have a manual yet. Thanks.

owensge

siduramaxde, can you get me the filter numbers?

Thanks