Non Branded Bobcat Filters - Are they Safe to Use?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Greg19

I am getting ready to replace all the filters on my 853 since I don't know when the previous owner had done them. Machine has 1688 hours. I called Bobcat for example and they want $42.00 for a Hydraulic filter. I see Maintenance Kits on Ebay containing the two air filters, oil filter, two Hydraulic/Hydrostatic filters and Fuel filter for $107. They are either Donaldson or Baldwin Branded. I am not familiar with these brands. Are these brands good to use since the pricing is way better than Bobcat Brand or should I stay with the Bobcat Brand? Thank you Greg

farmshop

If they are Donaldson or Baldwin they are good brands. I'd be nervous that that is what I am actually getting. I buy NAPA filters for almost all of our equipment and have very good luck with them.

foton

If they are Donaldson or Baldwin they are good brands. I'd be nervous that that is what I am actually getting. I buy NAPA filters for almost all of our equipment and have very good luck with them.
napa are wix filters just fyi if trying to x reference to them and you will not have any issues with them either.

Tazza

Staff member
napa are wix filters just fyi if trying to x reference to them and you will not have any issues with them either.
Non genuine is generally fine, i use them on my machines without issue. I use ones that are known quality, not no name brands. If you buy them from a trust worthy supply joint, you should be fine.

Non genuine is generally fine, i use them on my machines without issue. I use ones that are known quality, not no name brands. If you buy them from a trust worthy supply joint, you should be fine.
I can tell you that the NAPA inner Air filter is much more than the Bobcat filter and looks like cheesecloth around a wire mesh. Napa wanted 39.00 bobcat 22.00.