No heat bobcat 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
K

kenken

Either try to run it without the thermostat or replace it. Their is no circulation.
Yeah I don't know if I actually posted an update on that or not but I did eventually get it to work there was air in the line so I ended up having to bleed that out but with the existing heater core in there it works out heat not a lot but it does so we ended up getting a new heater core for it our new heater in general you know a newer one it's smaller but it works great it's better than the original one puts out more heat gets hotter faster

OP
OP
K

kenken

Good to know!
Yeah I mean the only thing that I did to it changed anything was where there's a I guess you want to call it a t split it makes it look like an H I ended up taking that small middle hose out it's supposed to be I believe I don't remember what it's called but some kind of valve I ended up just putting a it's like a gas valve you can turn it off and on I just leave it closed so the coolant circulates right through it doesn't bypass at that split so anytime the bobcat's running whether the heaters on or not the coolant is flowing through the heater core and back into the engine I don't think that's going to hurt it but come time when it's warm out again just open the valve so it bypasses the heater core

Cary E Sip Sr

I've been thinking of putting heater in my 732b, Not much room for blower , and need to find right place on motor to get good flow. Need good pressure on hose going to bottom inlet of heater core .. That prevents heater core from airlocking , air goes up , to top hose fitting , or return line , needs to go to a good return fitting on motor , or low pressure . I got a tractor,withheater , both inlet and outlet hose hooked to low pressure on motor . It didn't heat till I changed it .

cdmccul

I've been thinking of putting heater in my 732b, Not much room for blower , and need to find right place on motor to get good flow. Need good pressure on hose going to bottom inlet of heater core .. That prevents heater core from airlocking , air goes up , to top hose fitting , or return line , needs to go to a good return fitting on motor , or low pressure . I got a tractor,withheater , both inlet and outlet hose hooked to low pressure on motor . It didn't heat till I changed it .
I'm putting my heater up on the van l cab roof of my 632, very similar machine to yours. There is a small hose coming off the thermostat housing and going to the intake above the carb... Tie it in that line.

Attached is as picture of the heater core. It is a transmission cooler for an RV. Suspended from that we'll be a 10" fan. I'll be installing the switch for that in the switch panel, and wire it up to reverse. Then I'm plumbing the hose through a bypass valve with a control cable, so I can vary the amount of heat I get.

Attachments

• 20230206_171401.jpg
    20230206_171401.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 47

Jerry01314

My wife bought me an electric blanket that plugs into cig lighter. I also installed that. Better than nothing fair heat on legs.

dfb

The heater in my 742B works Great and puts out a ton of heat. Glad to share pics of the setup if you would find it helpful.

uffda

I would like any info you would share. I have a 743 and would like to do something with it. Did you do a cab enclosure also?

Latest posts