Nh lx865 bad leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
M

MADDADDY30

Exactly! I had the return line replaced while I was under there cost me $90 for a 5ft hose. But they said they can't make a hose that requires a clamp bc of the wires in the tubing. Is the pump inlet high pressure?

Ivan

Exactly! I had the return line replaced while I was under there cost me $90 for a 5ft hose. But they said they can't make a hose that requires a clamp bc of the wires in the tubing. Is the pump inlet high pressure?
Should not be as pressure line but it has to have the wires in it so when the pump is running it does not collapse. That end on t is expensive. I had one made last fall for my loader and it was a 3/8 lne. The line was cheap but each end had that bent fitting on each end. Fittings were 40 bucks each whole line was 12 inches long. That end with he clap could just slip in the line or it may be screwed in and thn clamped. What is wrong with that line

OP
OP
M

MADDADDY30

Ok guys! I know what I did may be stupid.or unorthodox and I do not advise it because I don't want to be liable for damage. But I finally found the leak. I washed it.good hunted and hunted the leak no luck. I replaced some hoses while I was under there and drained the reservoir in the process. So of course I'm still looking for the leak and didn't want to loose the fluid considering the price, so I blocked off everything concerning the pumps and hydro system and I filled the reservoir with water to the top. I got under the machine seeing water and digging out dirt and suck from underneath and there it was.! The leak was coming from the tank return lone at the fitting clamp. It has just a regular hose clamp it and it's a steel cabled hose. I can't get to the hose to put a new clamp really and the hard fitting is impossible to get loose! Any help with that

mrbb

well as I told you when mine leaked, I had to flip the cab to get to it
as we couldnl;t find any way to get to it other wise
it sucked, wasn;t fun to do
while I had it flipped open, I replaced every hose that even looked like it was on its way out, I also, pulled hydraulic tank and washed inside and out
also, fixed parking brake and everything serviced I could while cab was flipped
I don;t know if its possible to get to that without the cab being tilted

tilting cab isn;'t rally HARD , its just you need another machine to do so, (I used a backhoe) or a tall HD hoist, and then its just removing a few things, I had cab heat on roof, so added things to drain and disconnect, plus wires,
, drained coolant(replaced with new hoses too while had that empty , figured my luck if I didnl;t one would only fail soon after refilling , they were not that costly, think I paid $ 45 for the two of them!LOL)

so, ?? I think thats where your at now? cab might have to be flipped to get to that!

OP
OP
M

MADDADDY30

Ok guys! I have an update. I got all the return hoses and the suction hose made and put on today. No leaks there! But! The leak I seen prior which I added a picture at the start of this post. So what seems to be leaking is on the bottom side of what ever the big pump to the right looking under the seat has a thing on the right side of it that the control lever hooks to that seem to pushed thru the bottom of the frame and I believe that's where the leak is coming from. I noticed oil around the transmission dip stick in the center but oil level is good. Controls and movements is very slow. Here's some pictures. Thank you guys for all your help.

Attachments

• 20220625_133319.jpg
    20220625_133319.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 87
  • 20220625_133007.jpg
    20220625_133007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
  • 20220625_132930.jpg
    20220625_132930.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90

Latest posts