Newb Hydraulic question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rchalmers3

Hi all, I'm inexperienced with hydraulic operated equipment, and have just purchased a Bobcat 630. This machine came with a quick attach bucket but without any auxiliary doo-dads. The machine has a pair of hydraulic lines run out the hoist up to the plate area. These lines are capped off. I ASSUME those are pressure and return lines and that my machine is an open center hydraulic design. I want to be able to operate other attachments. I ASSUME that any attachment I choose must come with it's own dedicated open center valve(s), is that correct? If so, then for example I could purchase a log splitter and operate it at the splitter vs from the seat in the skid loader. But what about attachments I want to run from the seat, such as a clam shell bucket, rock bucket or root grapple? Is there a solution for operating those from the seat that I am unaware of? Please enlighten me and include links. I have tried searching, but it appears most information and videos are for new Bobcat equipment! Thank you, Rick

Tazza

Staff member
It should be as simple as installing quick couplers instead of the caps on the lines.
Lift the cab, the right steering lever will probably have a bolt prevent it moving from side to side, with it removed, your aux hydraulics should work.
As for the attachment, it really depends on what you want to use. You can control the open and close on an attachment from in the cab, but if you wanted to run a splitter or backhoe, you can engage the fluid so it keeps running and yes, you would need an open centre control valve for that.

OP
OP
R

rchalmers3

It should be as simple as installing quick couplers instead of the caps on the lines.
Lift the cab, the right steering lever will probably have a bolt prevent it moving from side to side, with it removed, your aux hydraulics should work.
As for the attachment, it really depends on what you want to use. You can control the open and close on an attachment from in the cab, but if you wanted to run a splitter or backhoe, you can engage the fluid so it keeps running and yes, you would need an open centre control valve for that.
Thanks Tazza, that's great news because I have the body off the chain case, replacing the bearings! I'm out of the area where my garage is at the moment, so I'm curious: does the right lever have a detent to hold it in the aux position? Rick

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza, that's great news because I have the body off the chain case, replacing the bearings! I'm out of the area where my garage is at the moment, so I'm curious: does the right lever have a detent to hold it in the aux position? Rick
It should have a detent, it may be stick from sitting for a while, you will find that after you remove the bolt and push the lever all the way to the right.