New Use for the Wood Splitter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

This past weekend was the fence extravaganza at the homestead: rip out 120' of dilapitated chain link fencing and replace it with a new wood privacy fence. I was dreading the pulling of the chain link posts, when I decided to try something: grab and pull them with the wood splitter. Worked like a charm!! For added insurance, I borrowed my neighbours BC 610, as the 440B is pretty much tapped just lifting the splitter.
Just grab them, lift slightly to preload the post, wiggle them a bit, and out they come - concrete and all. The splitter also pinches them flat, so breaking the post off of the concrete lump is easy.
IMG-20120503-00684c.jpg

IMG-20120503-00685c.jpg

I also sheared off about 25' of over-grown cedar hedge at the same time. Don't even have to get out of the seat!!
Cheers,
SR

Tazza

Staff member
Gotta love it when something like that works so well. Without it, you would spend days diging them out with a crow bar or grinder to cut them off.
I have removed star pickets with my machine before. Wrapped a chain around it and lifted them out. But i didn't have the luxury of staying inside the machine, nice work.

RJSStamps

Gotta love it when something like that works so well. Without it, you would spend days diging them out with a crow bar or grinder to cut them off.
I have removed star pickets with my machine before. Wrapped a chain around it and lifted them out. But i didn't have the luxury of staying inside the machine, nice work.
Nice! A lot easier than I have done in the past. I like Tazza used a chain but i hooked it to my trucks plow pump and lifted the posts out. Glad I didn't have many to do back then!
Now if any close (Central Indiana) is removing a 6' tall chain link fence let me know, I need the fence and posts to finish off my yard so the mutts have more room to roam. I almost had 200 feet of fence but they decided not to remove it after.

oasis04

Nice! A lot easier than I have done in the past. I like Tazza used a chain but i hooked it to my trucks plow pump and lifted the posts out. Glad I didn't have many to do back then!
Now if any close (Central Indiana) is removing a 6' tall chain link fence let me know, I need the fence and posts to finish off my yard so the mutts have more room to roam. I almost had 200 feet of fence but they decided not to remove it after.
Nice.....
Have done this many times with my 4-n-1 bucket.