New Toy's Bobcat Soil conditioner aka Harley Rake & Trencher

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

Just got home with a couple of things off Craigslist. A Bobcat Trencher & a 84" Soil Conditioner, like new with power angle.
I've never used one, I'm sure I'll figure it out. any doe's & don't I should know about. I'm open for any tips. This Old Dog is alway's open to learn something. thanks dennis

TriHonu

Some discussion on the Soil Conditioner in the thread titled Rock Hound VS Harley Rake.
The owners manual from Bobcat is the usual safety information and the basics of how to set the tilling depth with the two large nuts on the wheel A-frame. It also covers how to operate in Float mode vs Leveling mode. In float mode the pins at the bottom of the quick-tach are set to allow the unit to flex and follow the ground contours. If you move the pins to the other setting that basically locks the angle of the quick-tach to the unit. You then move the loader arms all the way down and roll the loader quick-tach to lift the front wheels of the loader off the ground. This way you are operating balanced between the rear wheels of the loader and the caster wheels on the Soil Conditioner. This will allow you to cut the tops and fill the bottoms. You also want to make sure the drum teeth are counter rotating against the loader travel direction.
Read the thread above and if you have more questions just ask.