New to this...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kanimalhouse

I just bought a 2003 S175 with 400 odd hours on it. It has no enclosed cab or heat, but I paid $14500 for it. Did I do okay? Being that I am a woman, no one is very helpful toward me and I want to make sure I didn't get too horribly screwed. Someone told me new this would have been a $30,000 machine. I bought it for doing my own landscaping and hobby farm use, and only want to keep it a couple of years. Did I make a good investment? Please be honest!

Tigerotor77W

First off, welcome to the forum! Second, good choice on a utility loader. The S175 is a good-size machine for most work and I'm sure you'll find all sorts of uses for it around your farm. The price is pretty decent. It might not have been the best you could get for a S175, but it is certainly close. The S175 will list around $24 or $25,000 at the setup you mentioned, so paying 14.5k for it isn't bad. Welcome again!

500K_773

Without knowing what part of the country you are in, it is hard to determine used equipment values. Here in Alaska, were pay a premium, whereas in Ohio and Florida, I have noticed some great deals. What attachments came with the loader?
I think you paid a fair price. A machine with a cab, heat, airconditioning, power Bobtach, hand controls, etc... would have been around $17,500 or so. I think the machine will serve your purposes well and with only 400 hours on the machine, should last a long time.