New to the Forum.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kemorris

I found a pretty clean Ford CL55, that has been setting for a few years. I own a small cattle and crop farm. Is messing with the CL55 worthwhile? It is a diesel engine. I guess really my first question is how do you make it free wheel for winching on a trailer? What is is worth for parts?

brdgbldr

I'm not familiar with that particular machine but here are things that work on others that you could try:

It is a skid steer, so you can drag it up on the trailer as long as it is not too far of a distance.

If there are manual controls, sometimes just pushing both levers in the direction you want to go will open the pump and allow it to roll.

Disconnect the hoses to the drive motors. Make sure to mark the hoses and cap them. Leave the connections on the motors open so the fluid can flow out as you move the machine.

Build a sled for the machine Or I have seen people find a large hood off of an old car and drag the machine onto it and slide the whole thing.

OP
OP
K

kemorris

I'm not familiar with that particular machine but here are things that work on others that you could try:

It is a skid steer, so you can drag it up on the trailer as long as it is not too far of a distance.

If there are manual controls, sometimes just pushing both levers in the direction you want to go will open the pump and allow it to roll.

Disconnect the hoses to the drive motors. Make sure to mark the hoses and cap them. Leave the connections on the motors open so the fluid can flow out as you move the machine.

Build a sled for the machine Or I have seen people find a large hood off of an old car and drag the machine onto it and slide the whole thing.
Every suggestion is excellent, thanks!