new to Skidsteers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

want2wheel

I am new to this type of equipment, and I just bought a 1992 case 1480 with 3700hrs on it. The machine is in really good shape. It was used by a concrete company as a spare unit. I have started the normal maintence on it by greasing all the pivot points that I can find. The lights dont work, and I need some advice on where to start. I am planning on building a root grapple for it to do some cleaning and make some extra cash. Is there anything that I need to look out for on this machine? Thank You, Rob

Tazza

Staff member
I'd start by checking the fuses, sorry no idea where they are, never worked on one of these machines.
Nothing that i am aware of is bad with that machine, keep it serviced and it should give you years of good service! You have made a good start by greasing everything.

mahans7

I'd start by checking the fuses, sorry no idea where they are, never worked on one of these machines.
Nothing that i am aware of is bad with that machine, keep it serviced and it should give you years of good service! You have made a good start by greasing everything.
If the fuses are good, check for voltage at the lights and then start tracing voltage back down the wires back to the switch, wiring harness and to the battery, just like a car. Wiring diagram may help to trace the wires. HTH

OP
OP
W

want2wheel

If the fuses are good, check for voltage at the lights and then start tracing voltage back down the wires back to the switch, wiring harness and to the battery, just like a car. Wiring diagram may help to trace the wires. HTH
I will start there and let you know what I find.