New to skid steers and I have questions about my 443B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SlowDave

I purchased a 443B the other day and I know nothing about skid steers, all my experience has been with tractors. The unit has 845 hours on it and we are going to be using it for construction work in tight places like back yards. I will be looking for a breaker for it but so far everything I am seeing is beyond the hydraulic capacity of the unit, any recommendations?

Also I understand that the 443B has a different attachment system than modern machines but I don't understand the details, can someone educate me on that? We have a machine shop, fabrication capabilities and a blacksmith shop. We can do pretty much anything except foundry work (yet) or fancy 5 axis stuff. All our machines are manual and our plasma cutting is all free hand.

Thanks I am sure I will have a ton of questions as time goes by. I think we got lucky finding an older machine in good condition with low hours and none of that computer stuff that makes my head spin. Why someone thinks computers are needed to move a dirt pile is beyond me, but sadly a lot of things are like those fuel can spouts that spill all over. We machine our own spouts and call the Pelosis.

Thanks

Dave

brdgbldr

I was just looking at the 443 "Bob-Tach" in the parts catalog. I see it only has one wedge where the newer ones have two.

Hopefully someone on here with a 443 can give you some education on attachments for it.

The first thing that I would look into is getting a modern "Bob-Tach" and welding it to an attachment plate made for the 443 "Bob-Tach". The same way that three point attachments for tractors are converted to work on skid steers.

OP
OP
S

SlowDave

Thank you and sorry for the slow reply. I am still trying to figure out the whole attachment system thing. If I modernize the attachment system I think I would go with what is on the S70. The whole point of this machine is to get into places I can't with my tractor. It is still unclear to me about whether or not the S70 system can hold full size attachments or do I just rent S70 attachments. I am so used to dealing with standard 3 point systems and the skid steer world iis new to me.

It seems easy enough to adapt attachments to my current system. The attachment side seems to be easy to fabricate, it looks like two pieces of channel. On the top there is a plate welded internally at an angle and at the bottom there is a rectangular hole in the side. However, if I do that I will be limiting myself as to rental options.

All I want to use on this is the bucket I have and I would like to purchse a grapple, breaker and mower.